This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is currenlty seeking a C#.NETDeveloper in their Baltimore, MD office. This is a full time opportunity offering a great salary and benefits package.
* Analyze requirements.
* Keep on track with deadlines.
* Document designs, code and all project assets in an organized and up-to-date manner.
* Provide initial analysis and produce accurate levels of effort.
* Implement established Publishing Services processes in the course of his/her work.
* Maintain code bases.
* Provide solutions to complex engineering tasks.
* Troubleshoot problems and issues with code and data.
* Research emerging technologies and make recommendations for process improvements.
* Participate in code reviews in a peer capacity.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Ability to assess a task, sometimes without perfect or complete information.
* Ability to keep self-engaged in their work, on task and meet deadlines.
* Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
* Fundamental understanding of database technologies and best practices.
* Ability to analyze code and optimize performance.
* Core C# must be VERY solid. Understanding must be both practical/applied and conceptual.
* Understanding of standard design patterns.
* Understanding of Web Services and WCF.
* Understanding of .NET Parallelism and Long Running Transactions.
* Strong understanding of session state - in-memory and in-database.
* Understanding of MVC, jQuery and front end technologies is desirable.
* Intimate familiarity with the concept of persistence and persistent state within an application.
* Strong understanding and demonstrable working knowledge of data access methods and APIs.
* Strong understanding and demonstrable working knowledge of fetching strategies.
* Well-versed in the design of RDBs, including best practices with regard to performance.
* Understanding of transactions and transaction configuration.
* Strong understanding of the difference between physical and business objects and how to improve performance of objects.
* Experience with MS-SQL Server desirable.
* Understanding of tuning queries for performance desirable.
* Understanding of NoSQL databases is a plus.
* Other Technologies
* Familiar with caching frameworks, strategies and limitations
* Experience with Git, and versioning source code
* Experience with JIRA or similar project management tools
* Experience with web application performance profiling tools is a plus