CNI - OMS Business Support Analyst - NY
CNI - OMS BUSINESS SUPPORT ANALYST - NY
JOB ID 20162552 DATE POSTED 09/21/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Position is in support of the Outage Management Systems (OMS) within the Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) support team. The Business Support analyst will be the primary point of contact for business users of OMS application. There are approximately 100 daily users of the system, along with 400 storm users. The Business Support analyst will respond to user issues, work within IS and CNI to resolve problems, and work with the business on system improvement initiatives.
The position is located in Liverpool NY.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
Will be the primary point of contact for issues reported by NE and NY OMS business users; Will provide initial response to requests, working with other members of the team to ensure issues are resolved efficiently and expediently
Responsible for development and maintenance of metrics around support team performance.
*Will become the CNI support team s Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the OMS suite of applications (client server application, web application, reporting application).
*Will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of application user accounts within OMS system.
*Responsible for developing and implementing effective user communication strategy. This will include crafting end user communications for both regions.
*Responsible for creating and maintaining business support process diagrams and procedures.
*Works with business to coordinate environment readiness for training sessions and storm drills.Responsible for developing a mechanism for capturing, tracking, and reporting OMS user issues. Coordinates the bi-annual software release testing cycle, working w/ business users to gain sign-off.
*Participates in regular user meetings with control room and storm room users, providing updates on system and capturing issues and questions.
*Works with other IS groups to provide technical support of OMS reporting application (SQL queries, web server maintenance, single-sign on).
*Participates in storm support role for OMS applications.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Position requires a 2 year degree from an accredited college or university
* Experience working in help desk or application support role is highly desired
* Experience with Outage Management Systems Geographic Information Systems, Customer systems, or similar asset and work management applications (either support or user) is highly desired
* Must possess strong problem solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot and solve issues independently and creatively
* Must possess strong personal drive, ability to work independently and manage work load in fast paced environment.
* Self-learning with an analytical background are essential pre-requisites. Innovation, adaptability, and the ability to demonstrate and promote teamwork are required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE. WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, CREED, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, ALIENAGE OR CITIZENSHIP STATUS, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, AGE, PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, PREDISPOSING GENETIC CHARACTERISTICS, OR ANY OTHER FACTOR PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION UNDER MUNICIPAL, STATE, OR FEDERAL LAW. WE ENCOURAGE ALL INTERESTED, QUALIFIED PERSONS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:IS Service Delivery
:IS Service Delivery
:Sep 21, 2016, 1:01:28 PM