CNOC Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job
EarthLink, an original Internet pioneer, has evolved into one of the world s top managed network, security and cloud solution providers. Our people keep us competitive and focused, and we re looking for talented professionals to join our team! Are you passionate about driving transformation* Are you ready to impact how people experience technology in business and as consumers* By joining EarthLink, you will feel energized by working in a fast-paced, ever-changing technology environment, and will gain experience to help you grow personally and professionally.
The CNOC Technician will provide customer-facing technical support with a focus on supporting complex network solutions requiring multiple, dynamic routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, and RIP, high-end networking services including IPSEC, NAT, COS, Access Control Lists, and Firewall solutions and cutting edge product offerings.
The CNOC Technician will be responsible for the resolution of external client trouble incidents in a technical support environment. Technicians utilize their networking, hardware, and software skills to diagnose, qualify, and resolve client issues. Duties include comprehensive troubleshooting of facility, service, and feature based issues on a converged voice and data network. Technicians must be team oriented, have technical troubleshooting experience and be able to work with internal and external contacts on behalf of our customers. Technicians must be self-motivated, client-centric, and possess the ability to apply dynamic policies and knowledge to resolve complex issues.
* Resolve customer reported trouble tickets:
* Initiate second level diagnostics and additional testing and data gathering to resolve tickets or document information needed for next level support
* Clearly communicate the diagnostic findings/results with the customer, set customer expectations accordingly, responding to any questions the customer may have in a professional manner.
* Follow up on vendor or supplier trouble tickets, internal dispatches, coordinate with other internal and external organizations as needed and meet MTTR and customer status expectations
* Escalate Trouble Tickets with the appropriate supplier organizations (internal & external) when Service Level Agreements [SLAs] are missed
* Act as the primary customer point of contact for the customer throughout the life of a ticket, responsible for providing customer with regular status updates on Trouble Ticket progress, setting realistic expectations, and verifying resolution
* Manage all Trouble Tickets until resolution has been obtained, customer has confirmed restoration of service and ticket has been closed
* Properly code Trouble Tickets with appropriate closure codes, detailing the results of the testing and resolution
* Escalation to management of service interruption patterns, to assist in the identification of potential network service effecting issues.
* Participate in the on-going technical and product proficiency of the team.
* Contribute to high customer referenceability and retention by effectively managing multi-site caseload
* Utilize available technology to efficiently respond to client requests
* Prioritize work to meet or exceed client expectations
* Work in partnership with other EarthLink Business service/repair oriented departments to respond to customer issues in a timely fashion
* Demonstrate uncompromised integrity by acting and communicating openly, honestly and fairly in everything you do
* Proactively resolve obstacles that interfere with job performance and/or job satisfaction
* Meet MTTR goals of overall Trouble Tickets
* Meet LEC Referral MTTR goal
* Schedule Adherence of 98% (attendance, punctuality, breaks/lunches);
* Ticket Quality Score of 80% (monitoring 4-8 tickets per month, for ticket quality and customer status);
* Meet a 100% goal of Customer Status on Trouble Tickets;
* No Trouble Found Reduction (from Baseline)
* Maintain a strong working understanding of voice network architecture, network/circuit testing processes, IP networking fundamentals, T1 and DSL installation/trouble-shooting procedures, and the number portability process.
* Off hours and Weekend availability required as needed to service clients.
* Flexibility to work varied shifts to provide support to your team on an as needed basis, based upon customer calling patterns
* Strong working Knowledge of IP Networks, LAN, customer premise Routers and Switches, MPLS, and Voice over MPLS and NNI network connections.
* Direct troubleshooting efforts for complex issues crossing multiple backbone services to include circuit levels (DS0, DS1, DS3, OC3 and OC12).
* The ability to understand, perform and document logical troubleshooting steps to isolate and then resolve network problems while maintaining a professional demeanor.
* Understanding of all levels of the OSI model and how each interacts when isolating and resolving issues with DSL.
* Strong knowledge of networking including: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS, Layer 2 and 3 Switching, SNMP, WINS, DNS and DHCP, FTP, SNMP, SMTP, HTTP, and secure communication protocols.
* Broad working knowledge of advanced routing protocols to include OSPF, RIP, EIGRP and BGP protocols.
* Soft Switch experience
* Feature troubleshooting
* Basic Call Flow
* Auto Attendant Configuration/Troubleshooting
* VoiceMail Configuration/Troubleshooting
* General routing and switching experience
* LNP Troubleshooting
* Long Distance Troubleshooting
* Network Call Routing
* CNAME Troubleshooting
* E911 Troubleshooting
* Advanced IAD experience
* Cisco and Adtran configuration knowledge
Required Abilities & Competencies
* Proven ability to multi-task, utilizing time management and work prioritization skills
* Intermediate level technical competence in a Windows-based environment
* Proficient in utilization of vendor test and ticketing systems (LSI, Retas, EBTA)
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Passionate focus on client responsiveness and ability to generate customer confidence
* Proficient use of Telnet, SSH, Ping, Traceroute and other network tools
* AAS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Network and Systems certification such as CCNA
* Other additional Network, Voice, and Systems professional certifications are a plus.
* 2-4 years of experience supporting large customers in a carrier environment