COBOL Applications Programmer 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for COBOL APPLICATIONS PROGRAMMER for our client in JACKSON, MS
JOB TITLE: COBOL APPLICATIONS PROGRAMMER
JOB LOCATION: JACKSON, MS
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
The Applications Programmer II is responsible for preparing new programs and program modifications using supplied functional program specifications for new and revised systems. Also, the incumbent is responsible, with supervision, for designing and executing appropriate testing, debugging and support processes in accordance with departmental policy.
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field is required.
* At least two years of mainframe programming experience in COBOL, MVS utilities, MVS JCL and CICS Command Level programming is required.
* At least one year of mainframe programming experience in DB2 programming for applications.
* Must demonstrate familiarity with Business Writing, Project Management, Time Management and Conflict Resolution and Teamwork concepts and practice.
* SDLC Methodology and Change Control software is preferred.A working familiarity with Easytrieve and/or other computer languages, including ISPF, is preferred. Proficiency in LAN, Intermediate Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio is highly preferred.