COMMUNITY VENUE NURSING SUPERVISOR
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or higher
Licensed in the State of Practice or Eligible
RN Required or Eligible
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Community Venue Nursing Supervisor
* Responsible for the day to day operations of first aid and other defined clinical care at all system-contracted community venues.
* Responsible for the coordination of work assignments and staffing coverage related to the demand across all venue locations.
* Fulfills one of the staffing roles as needed across all venues.
* Models professional practice and communication through collaboration with staff, leadership, patients, families and physicians.
* Interacts in a positive, professional manner with evidence of conflict resolution skills.
* Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with co-workers, patients, family, and guests.
* Ensures that all venues are compliant with regulations set by the state, venue organizations and The Joint Commission.
* Promptly responds to staffing requests by the venues.
* Assists with new staff orientation and ongoing staff education and necessary competency validation.
* Facilitates and assures all necessary data tracking, reporting and analysis across all venues.
* Employs applicable performance improvement methodologies and lean thinking in planning, design, implementation and evaluation of practice, workflows and processes that support efficient and effective care delivery and service.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* BSN required
* BLS, ACLS required
* Registered Nurse in State of Kansas and Missouri required
* Minimum three years relevant experience required
* Prior hospital experience preferred
* Previous supervisory experience preferred
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.