COMPLIANCE AUDITOR II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Compliance Auditor II
* Demonstrates competence in the areas of critical thinking, interpersonal relationships, and technical skills.
* Develops audit programs and determines scope, objectives, approach and time budget of audits.
* Routinely audits each provider's charges and medical charts to review coding procedures, compliance with government regulations and company policies.
* Prepares clear, concise audit workpapers.
* Provides constructive recommendations to management and providers as determined by audit findings. Drafts formal, written reports stating the audit conclusions in a clear, concise manner.
* Conducts meetings with physicians and management to review findings and recommendations.
* Follows up with auditees to ensure management responses are received timely and to determine the implementation status of recommendations
* Provides routine coding training sessions for providers and staff and researches specific coding questions.
* Utilizes audit procedures and other analytical tools to meet objectives determined for completion of special projects, or to provide suggestions or recommendations to management on a consulting basis.
* Presents audit reports to the Hospital's Internal Audit & Compliance Committee.
* Serves as a resource in addressing compliance queries from Medicare, Medicaid, other third parties, internal legal counsel, Hospital Executive office or other staff/ interested party.
* Serves as a billing guidance resource.
* Researches, leads and directs activities related to payor audit queries. This includes responding to Medicare and Medicaid Post Payment Reviews.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree or Technical/Professional Training/Degree in Registered Health Information Administration preferred
* Five years of CPT coding experience in a medical field required
* Proficient knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT codes required
* Knowledge of Medicare and other federal/state compliance guidelines required
* Excellent communication skills required
* Three years of previous medical chart auditing experience required
* Previous experience with corporate compliance plans preferred
* Coding Certification (CPC) required
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.