CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANUFACTURING SITE LEADER
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Industrial Solutions Division of TE Connectivity is currently seeking a highly motivated, focused and energetic Continuous Improvement Leader to join our team at our Manufacturing site in Landisville, PA.
Person(s) performing this role are models for the TE Connectivity core values of Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Innovation. While functioning in this role you will be expected to operate at the highest standards of individual and corporate integrity, honor all commitments made while taking personal responsibility for actions/results, and foster an environment that encourages innovation, creativity, excellence and results through teamwork. Our organization strives to practice leadership that teaches, inspires, and promotes full participation of all employees combined with a foundational belief in continuous career development.
TEOA (TE Operating Advantage) is a company-wide program aimed at improving our business performance by applying Lean Manufacturing best practice improvement tools to become more efficient and effective so that we can be more productive, satisfy our customers and deliver more value to our shareholders.
This role is responsible for directing lean initiatives for the site and developing / deploying TEOA to drive flawless execution with tools and methods that are flexible, reliable, responsive and sustained. The ideal candidate will be a certified Lean Black Belt or Master Black Belt and will be responsible for driving change to meet defined metrics and organization goals including implementation of lean six sigma principles and philosophies through hands-on training and teaching and applying appropriate Lean tools: e.g., 5S, visual factory, process mapping, continuous improvement tools including SMED and Kaizen, material flow, etc. The successful candidate will have a history of leading change and producing documented improvements in plant costs and quality.
The TEOA system ensures a safe work environment, drives quality improvements, provides premier customer service, develops a qualified workforce, and reduces operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvement in the site systems. Partners with the Site Leadership team to oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and annual operational and financial expectations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Assume the lead role in the site s TEOA process implementation lead process improvement projects and facilitate team projects/mentor team members who are leading process improvement projects
* Guide the analysis of existing methods to promote effective operations through standardization, improvement, simplification, discontinuance or other methods.
* Utilize Lean and Six Sigma approaches to process improvements.
* Develop recommendations for business processes that ensure alignment with strategic direction; integrate business processes between multiple organizations.
* Guide the coordination of business process changes, implement system solutions.
* Apply advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
* Display a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high impact, complex and /or cross-functional problems.
* Supports the integration of processes (departments) into appropriately interconnected extended value streams.
* Develop and utilize current and future state value stream maps to identify strategic projects and corresponding rolling 12-month implementation plans aligned with the company s strategic direction.
* Identification and leverage of best practices across the entire TE operation.
Qualifications, the successful candidate will have:
* A history of leading change and producing documented improvements in plant costs and quality
* Experience creating a Lean or Six Sigma strategy for a manufacturing organization
* Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Master Black Belt and/or Lean Sensei preferred
* Experience leading an initiative that produced documented results
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Produced verifiable breakthrough results
* Ability to develop and lead execution of strategy for transformational change & continuous improvement efforts across the site.
* A thorough understanding and ability to use all aspects of Six Sigma as a management system: Define Measure Analyze Improve and Control (DMAIC)
* Understand the need to improve measurement system capability as process capability improves; evaluate the use of control measurement systems
* Have knowledge of Lean enterprise concepts; ability to identify value-added elements, established flow and successfully apply better business practices
* Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline
* Ability to think strategically and execute tactically (i.e. deliver results)