CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT SITE REPRESENTATIVE II 205.16
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
El Cajon, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role Purpose
Requires 5 years related experience in Lean environment.. Must be a progressive and strategic thinker and knowledgeable in business principles to ensure strategic business plan is met or exceeded, guaranteeing acceptable return on investment. Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, organizational, negotiation and communication skills. Must display a high level of maturity, sound judgment, and integrity.
Requires 2 year degree (preferably Engineering-Industrial, Mechanical, Aerospace) or equivalent combination of education and experience. 4 year degree preferred. Qualifications / Experience / Skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision, ensures the effective functioning of the GKN Continuous Improvement business plan. Identifies and eliminates waste and non-value added activities through continuous improvement in all products and services. Responsible for improving the business through the involvement and empowerment of entire workforce.
* Performs a wide range of Continuous Improvement activities including but not limited to planning/developing/documenting Kaizen events, performing 5-S audits, coordination of maintenance department and other support areas during Kaizen activities.
* Fosters positive relationships within the CI function and between the Kaizen teams and the business organization.
* Trains all levels within the organization to develop the mix of skills and abilities ensuring successful CI behaviors.
* Performs extensive data collection and tracking including but not limited to WIP, labor productivity, rework, raw material inventory, overtime, to identify and address CI opportunities.
* Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals, by providing leadership in issues that involve cost, quality, process, schedule and people .
GKN is an EOE/M/F/D/V employer. Candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)