- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
CONTROLS ENGINEER I
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Title: CONTROLS ENGINEER I
Reports to: Controls Engineer II
This position is responsible for utilizing knowledge of industrial controls, industrial networks, programming software, industrial automation and production equipment. This also includes providing production equipment support such as to minimize downtime, improve operating efficiencies, and facilitate equipment upgrades and modifications. Responsibilities also include applying electrical theory and related knowledge to design, develop, test and implement equipment control system modifications as required by the plant. Ability to design, specify and manage the installation and programming of new control systems, Operator Interface terminals, Windows based Area Control Systems, as well as PLCs, Servos, and various other electronic machine control apparatus. The Controls Engineer participates in the planning, implementation and supervision of new equipment installations. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Maintenance of System
* Analyzes, assists and resolves work problems; may also include working with production and maintenance personnel
* Troubleshoots and corrects production equipment control problems so as to enable maximum productivity, product recovery and quality
* Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and will teach/train electricians and technicians to perform preventative and corrective maintenance
* Tests and inspects machines and equipment in manufacturing departments to eliminate production problems
* Provides production equipment support utilizing knowledge and understanding of the equipment control systems, programming, processes and components being utilized
* Diagnoses and resolves production equipment issues where control system components and/or programming may be a contributing factor
* Diagnoses and resolves control system performance and/or maintenance issues
* Maintains electrical and control system schematics and programming documentation such as to ensure that all electronic and hard copy versions are at current revision.
* Maintains all plant floor and library copies of all control system schematics, documentation, process and motion controller programs, PLC and HMI programs and all other such equipment control related files and documentation
* Assures that all equipment control systems have current electrical and control system documentation in place
* Assures timely maintenance and repair of PLC, HMI, Process and Motion Control and all other control system and automation control hardware.
* Plans, directs, and records periodic electrical testing and recommends or initiates modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards
* Participates in the planning, engineering, and implementation phases of new equipment installation projects
* Participates and may be directly responsible for the planning, engineering and implementation of equipment modification projects
* Assists with development and implementation of standards for electrical and controls components for use within the facility and with suppliers
* Maintains maximum personal knowledge on all relevant controls related hardware and software.
* Responsible for monitoring, record keeping, and taking appropriate action for specified Food Safety Plan, Food Quality Plan and prerequisite program requirements.
* Responsible to report food safety and quality issues to management.
Education and Experience
* 4 year degree in Electrical Engineering preferred; or 2 year degree with 5 years additional experience
* 5 7 years of progressive experience in the area of controls, with knowledge of PLC s and automation applications
* Computer proficient in Microsoft Windows, Project and Office
* Experienced and proficient with AutoCAD, RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, RSNetworx, RSLinx and RSView
* Must be able to walk or stand on concrete floors, and climb ladders without difficulty or pain
* Must be able to use hands and fingers to work on projects with crews
* Work Discipline
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proven Mechanical skills
* Must be able to prioritize
* Multi-task Oriented
* Strong follow-up skills
* Ability to make decisions quickly with little direction