COOK I 8/16/2016
Global Connection to Employment
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY
The Cook I must be able to perform the duties required at the following work stations: (work stations may vary depending on contract specifications and building assignment). Follow menu and written instruction. Order, store, and account for food issued to kitchen. Prepare, pan and garnish food items in accordance with standard recipes. Cut, pan or plate pastries and desserts. Set up hot and cold food serving stations. Clean and maintain kitchen equipment as per manufactures instructions. Insure food prep, storage, handling, and serving is IAW the U.S.D.A. Food Code and local directives. Maintain proper temperature control and labeling for all items. Serve customers proper size portions at expected rates. Maintain a clean and sanitary work area. Report supply needs and equipment needing replaced or repaired. Proper use of PPE and following safety guidelines. Attend GCE in service training as required.
* Meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on specified contract.
* One (1) years of food service experience.
* Understand oral and/or written instructions.
* Ability to read and quantify recipes, and menus. Interact appropriately with customers, government personnel and staff members.
* Must be able to pass organization screening requirements including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, and frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
* The employee is required to be on his/her feet for extended periods of time.
* The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward.
* This job will require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs, and may require occasional lifting and or moving up to 50 pounds.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures due to steam and heat from cooking, dishwashing, and refrigeration.
* Work area subject to high noise levels, sharp tools and cutting hazards.
* Schedules are subject to change
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED