COTA - Rehab Therapy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Provides occupational therapy services under the supervision of an occupational therapist according to established goals and treatment plans. Treats patients according to the physician's orders; maintains required records and notes; assists with directing technicians and support personnel, assumes responsibility for occupational therapy charges; participates in educational programs; follows all CHRISTUS St. Michael and departmental policy and procedures.
JOB SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES:
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Serves as a team member to enhance customer/supplier relationships within the organization.
3. Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers, fellow workers, and supervisors.
4. Participates in established inter-departmental and intra-departmental communication systems and methods to achieve departmental, hospital and corporate goals.
5. Maintains required records/documentation on a timely manner as specified in departmental policy and procedures manual.
6. Participated in maintaining/improving the effectiveness of the services provided by the occupational therapy department.
7. Attends team meetings, clinical staffing reports and updating patient reports.
8. Performs patient care related duties in order to restore the patient to his/her maximum level of independence and function according to accepted standards of ethical conduct for the occupational therapy assistant.
9. Clinical competencies in occupational therapy assisting skills and techniques are demonstrated in a manner that promotes quality patient care.
10. Assumes responsibility as the situation warrants and responds in whatever capacity the condition or schedule requires.
11. Assumes responsibility for therapeutic equipment safety, operation and maintenance.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- New graduate entry level or any amount of experience in occupational therapy assisting is acceptable.
- Associate Degree in Occupational Therapy assisting from an accredited occupational therapy program, approved by AOTA.
- Maintains current licensure/registration/certification and provides the hospital with proof of indicated requirements. BCLS certification.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.