CRM Sales Representative - New York Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
New York City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-NY-New York City
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 289484
Boston Scientific is a global company focused on innovative medical devices and procedures. Boston Scientific's mission is to improve the quality of patient care and the productivity of health care delivery through the development and advocacy of less-invasive medical devices and procedures.
Sells and promotes company products within a defined geographic territory by developing new accounts and expanding usage of company products by current accounts in an effort to meet a sales quota based on company sales goals and to directly increase sales revenue of the company.
- Sells products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Develops and implements sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
- Develops action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with Regional Sales Manager to help the organization achieve its annual sales goals.
- Determines the needs (e.g., product and pricing), goals, product usage, and types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting with and asking in-depth questions of physicians and other hospital personnel to learn which Guidant products can best address their specific needs.
- Observes actual procedures in the cardiac catheterization or electro-physiology lab and operating room of hospital accounts to gain insight into the specific nuances of each physician and each member of the lab staff.
- Establishes pricing packages by working with relevant Guidant personnel to establish price points that address specific customer's needs while satisfying company guidelines and policies.
- Responds to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, pricing and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
- Develops relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Educates customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments, often with the help of incentive programs and services made available to the account being developed.
- BA/BS in related field plus 2-5 yrs sales experience ideally in Medical Devices calling on Cardiology, Cath/EP lab or similar hospital based sales experience with progressive record of accomplishment demonstrating increased levels of accomplishment and success.
- Must have a technical aptitude; be able to discuss, explain complex software algorithms.
- Must be able to take rotational call on a 24/7/365 basis with a sales team.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, complete extensive training program.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-NY-New York City||(n/a)||Field Sales||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: CRM, Research, Technology