This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
TransCore Intelligent Transportation Systems
San Diego, CA
TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Customer Service Supervisor to join the San Diego office.
The Customer Service Supervisor is primarily responsible to hire, supervise, train, and monitor the daily activities and projects of the customer service staff. This responsibility includes ensuring all service requirements are protected and accounted for in accordance with standards as described in the contract and operational procedures. The Customer Service Supervisor addresses all customer service issues pertaining to account related inquiries and violations by executing duties and responsibilities personally or through subordinate staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Compiles performance reports, monitors and records measures in performance log, and reports these measures to Management on a regular basis.
* Evaluates operational needs and work level requirements to determine the appropriate hiring method.
* Continually assesses Customer Service levels for performance and monitors customer feedback.
* Ensures that all Customer Service Center representatives are courteous, professional and attuned to customer needs.
* Ensures that the Customer Service staff is taking appropriate steps when an event needs to be escalated for resolution.
* Effectively delegates work tasks to ensure that Customer Service performance measures are met.
* Establishes statistical performance reporting criteria, monitors standards, and enforces policies and procedures to ensure all personnel meet or exceed expected service and performance levels.
* Continually assesses training needs through auditing and monitoring.
* Writes performance reviews for TransCore employees and provides periodic feedback to staffing agencies as needed.
* Schedule CSR work assignments, monitors daily CSR activities, and assists with account maintenance.
* Sets objectives for and monitors performance of every customer service department position.
* Audits staff to ensure quality of work is maintained at appropriate levels. Provides necessary training and support for problematic staff/processing.
* Manages customers that request supervisor assistance.
* Hires, develops, and evaluates Customer Service staff.
* Ensures that employees follow TransCore policies and procedures.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises up to 30 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education: Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
Job Complexity: Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
Discretion: Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules.
Interaction: Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers, and functional peer groups. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
Direction: Provides direct supervision to professional individual contributors and/or skilled, support individual contributors (e.g., technicians, designers, support personnel). Acts as advisor to unit or sub-units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
A leader in the transportation industry since 1934, TransCore provides innovative, technical solutions including next generation Open Road Tolling, Intelligent Transportation Systems and Radio Frequency Identification systems that secure access and vehicle registration for airports, hospitals, parking garages, border patrols, trucking fleets and rail carriers. TransCore also operates tolling customer service centers for transportation agencies throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, and Dubai. TransCore is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies Inc., a diversified growth company in the S&P 500, Fortune 1000 and Russell 1000 indices.
TransCore offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
TransCore provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability
To learn more about TransCore please visit us at www.transcore.com.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and r sum s are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. TransCore will not consider unsolicited r sum s from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.