CT Scan Technologist - Per Diem - Elkins Park
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
Elkins Park, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER ELKINS PARK IS A 60 BED GENERAL ACUTE CARE HOSPITAL LOCATED ON A 30 ACRE SUBURBAN CAMPUS IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY. WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING THE COMMUNITY WITH PROMPT, PERSONALIZED AND HIGH QUALITY HEALTHCARE IN A FRIENDLY, COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Utilizes Computed Tomography (CT) equipment to produce quality diagnostic images, contributing to the efficient operation of the department to ensure the quality and continuity of patient care
* This position requires providing service to the following age population(s) neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, older adult, and frail elderly in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Successful completion of a formal program of study accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiology Technology required
* Minimum of 1 year as a registered Radiologic Technologist preferred
* Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (RT) required
* Additional American Registry of Radiologic Technology in CT (R,CT) certification preferred
* CPR certification and re-certification through the American Heart Association on a bi-annual basis required
* Physical Requirements: Walk and stand for prolonged periods. Position requires ability to frequently lift heavy objects, perform moderately difficult manipulative skills and hand-eye coordination skills
* Visual Requirements: Near vision
* Hearing Requirements: Ability to hear normal conversation
* Working Conditions: Majority of time spent working with computer. Employee must be able to adjust routine to accommodate patient or department without affecting department flow including extended call-back (on-call hours). Exposure to: ionizing radiation, chemicals, unpleasant odors, body substances and sharps
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.