CT TECH TRAINEE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/29/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs Computed Tomography procedures under the direction of a radiologist using appropriate professional and technical skills to produce quality images for medical diagnosis or treatment. May assist the CT technologist but does not actual scan patients except under direct supervision.
* 1. Performs quality and compassionate patient care in order to ensure patient cooperation, safety and satisfaction.
* 1.1 Identifies patient accurately and consistently uses connect point scripts according to departmental policy as observed by supervisor or other Hospital staff.
* 2. Performs various record keeping, communication and QA functions in order to ensure goals of the section are met and operation runs efficiently.
* 2.1 Relays pertinent info. to the radiologists or RTR to minimize errors due to lack of communication, especially during change of shift, (no more than 4 complaints /quarter), of communication not passed on.
* 3. Participates in various teaching, learning, and research opportunities in order to further professional knowledge and expertise to assist in expanding the knowledge of others.
* 3.1 Is receptive to teaching C.T. technologist, student technologists, radiology residents and fellows, as observed by the supervisor, and from input provided from these students.
Satisfactory completion of an A.M.A. approved program in Radiologic Technology. ARRT Certified and licensed by the state CT in radiologic technology.(Courses in cross-section anatomy preferred.) Must pursue A.R.R.T. certification in computed tomography.
Minimum of one (1) year full-time experience as a Radiologic Technologist and must demonstrate competency performing routine CT exams within six (6) months of commencement of CT training program.
R.T.R and Connecticut License required
Familiar with general PC applications and basic cross section anatomy. Must have demonstrated exceptional ability with radiographic imaging, customer service, and teamwork.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. to assist with patient transfers.