This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONReporting to the CEO, this Senior Technology Executive will lead and grow a team of 12 engineers across Architecture, Development, Dev Ops, and QA to drive the reliability, scalability and performance of the ID Experts platform. The CTO will be the driving force to implement best practices in SaaS engineering, including project development, buy vs. build, 3rd party integration, test and operations, making the development process predictable, repeatable and scalable while continuously increasing the output and performance of the group. This role will set clear objectives and ensure that code is maintainable, easily enhanced and consistent with the architecture and business goals. This executive will drive the linkage of engineering to the executive team, board and entire company, communicate specifics of development, release schedule, tradeoff analysis and foster collaboration among all departments/functions at ID Experts. Additionally, this role will work with the leadership team to match investment, growth and scalability goals and communicate these plans to investors, partners and employees. The CTO will evaluate architecture and code base, developing and executing on the technology plan of record that maps to the business strategy and priorities. The CTO will oversee the creation of detailed development and integration plans for multiple products (Midas and MyIDCare), project teams and strategic initiatives that are aligned with business objectives. Will oversee the execution and delivery of projects and software releases that are on time and in accordance with agreed-to design, quality and process standards.
The CTO will lead the team that makes technical operations a competitive advantage for ID Experts, thereby enabling the company to maintain its remarkable customer/revenue growth and to expand its market share by continuing to win and serve large breach contracts. This role will look around the corner for what comes next, and will be proactive/ ahead of the curve in maintaining a cutting-edge global SaaS platform architecture with the optimum combination of uptime, resiliency, security, scalability, and cost. This role will stay on top of the evolving economics of cloud computing, manage vendor relationships and make the right tradeoffs between modern cloud computing resources, data center colocation resources and managed services to grow and expand ID Experts' SaaS infrastructure in support of the company's business plans.
Further, his role will recruit, develop, motivate and retain a world class team and be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and continuous evaluation of the team that leverages the best of insourced, outsourced development as well as internally developed and/or off-the-shelf products. The CTO will foster individual career development and high morale and will likely need to hire and/or develop first level managers as the ID Experts Development team grows and the business scales. This role will manage the engineering budget.
These activities will occur within the scope of ID Experts performance standards, the company's mission statement, and in accordance with the policies and procedures set forth. At times, ID Experts may need to conduct or update background checks on current employees depending on their position in the Company and their accessibility to sensitive and/or regulated data. All such inquiries are limited to information relevant to job performance, workplace safety, and security. Inquiries are conducted by an outside agency in accordance with applicable laws.
* Establish and implement appropriate processes and procedures for project management, design, development, quality, and release control
* Create and manage project plans, including accurate work estimates and time schedules
* Negotiate with other teams to properly scope and prioritize projects and resources to meet company objectives
* Set realistic delivery dates and meet them
* Create and implement appropriate strategies to manage risk
* Keep team members, managers and executive leadership properly informed about the status of development projects
* Work with Recruitment to hire and retain A+ Software Engineers
* Training and mentoring
* Create and foster culture that is fun, motivating and productive
* 5+ years of full-time management of software engineering teams.
* Demonstrated experience leading the design, development, delivery, support and maintenance of a large scale, high performing, technically complex, reliable and robust online application.
* Demonstrated track record of successfully hiring, motivating, retaining and effectively deploying talented software developers and consultants to perform against delivery goals.
* Experience with a variety of software development processes, and ability to apply the right process for the project. At least five years of participation in Agile development.
* Knowledge of release management and deployment workflow processes, from development release through staging and production deployment.
* Ability to evangelize and sell stakeholders across the company on key engineering priorities and how they connect with larger company initiatives.
* Experience with and an affinity for with managing teams in and through transition
* Significant experience contributing to an executive management team. This assumes participation in strategic and business planning, product strategy, operations, sales, marketing, and overall business direction.
* Proven track record of success as a VP/CTO (second level manager) developing and deploying high volume SaaS/cloud applications to consumer end markets that were easy, simple, elegant, and high value (healthcare or security applications a plus).
* Developed complex SaaS releases, cloud-based applications and development of APIs and truly understands developing a product/delivering a service evidenced by high performance, scale, stability and uptime.
* Track record of analyzing build vs. buy decisions, and leveraging and integrating 3rd party technology that best aligns to the overall business and financial strategy.
* Technically deep with the ability to quickly understand very complex system level software and guide the correct key decisions by the engineering team and company. Must have a successful track record of leadership in the organization as the senior technology executive in an Agile environment.
* Strong, proven management skills and the ability to inspire others to achieve success.
* Experience/success scaling up a development team, anticipating and planning for the challenges that come with growth and fully develops, motivates, mentors and leads his/her team.
* Delivering products/SaaS targeting consumers in a heavily regulated industry like Healthcare IT, Security, Financial Services/Online, or Banking.
* Enjoy collaboration with, learning from, and teaching others so we all become better. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work environment.
* Thorough understanding of the economics of managing cloud computing and ability to match the business model requirements to the technical