CV Registered Nurse - RN- Surgery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY St. Francis Health is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Topeka, Kans. (estab. 1909)
* A tertiary care facility serving 12 counties in northeast Kansas
* 1,660 associates and 297 medical staff
* 378 beds
* 20 regional clinics
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Department
* General & Bariatric Surgery
* Heart & Vascular Center
* Joint & Spine Centers
* Rehabilitation Services
* Womens Services
Our multispecialty care community works together to pioneer inspired, innovative care in our mission to improve the health and lives of those we serve.
The CV Registered Nurse performs a comprehensive assessment of patient and family needs to deliver and coordinate services throughout the continuum of care of the CV, Thoracic and Vascular patient. The CV Registered Nurse delivers nursing care as defined by the Kansas Nurse Practice Act and the policies and procedures of SFHC. The CV Registered Nurse reports to the Director or designee. The CV RN will be able to withstand stressful situations and be flexible within daily work assignments. The CV RN will be prepared and anticipate the needs of the CV Surgeon. The CV RN must have the ability and desire to promote good interpersonal relationships.
* Associate's degree in nursing, required
* Bachelor's degree in nursing, preferred
* Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
* Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
* One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred