CVS Assembler I - Temporary
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
This is a Temporary Position (expected duration through year end), there are 3 position openings. The Casting, Stacking & Varnish (CVS) Assembler I, with moderate to limited supervision, performs set-ups, general assembly operations and assists in other departmental tasks. This position is generally assigned to specific shop orders and performs all but the most complex casting, varnish, or stacking operations with limited supervision, and in accordance with company policy and safety procedures.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Equipment Used: (May use any or all of the following)
* Variety of hand and hand powered tools, soldering irons
* Resin/Adhesive bonding & impregnation equipment including: molding machines, ovens, slush pots, resin dispensers, vacuum potting systems, weight scales, resin mixers, hoists, degreasers, drill presses, viscometers, calipers, and rulers
* Use of a microscope for assembly/quality inspection as needed
* Variety of machine tools, such as drill presses, bench grinders
* Variety of test and measurement tools, such as calipers, multimeters, gauges
* Equipment Set-Up and Adjustment:
* Set up and adjustment of dimensions
* Weight proportions
* Cure times versus resin hardness
* Viscosity on various equipment and processes
* General Assembly Operations: (May perform any or all of the following with minimum or no supervision)
* Most portions of the casting, varnish impregnation, or lamination stacking processes
* Generally assigned to complex prepping, potting, & assembly processes with fine technical detail
* Occasional Soldering
* Mechanical Assembly
* Bonding or Gluing
* Basic Testing
* Other specialized processes as required by manufacturing outlines
* Typical Examples of Work Performed:
* Performing most manufacturing casting, varnish, and stacking processes.
* Assisting with prototype and pre-production jobs.
* Moderate paperwork requirements such as Work Instructions.
* Test reports, filling out and maintaining one or more of the following: oven cards, resin mix records, batch tickets, routers, work, and stock orders.
* This job description identifies the essential functions of the job, but does not necessarily include all the tasks the employee may be asked to perform.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary.
Education: A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Years Experience: 0-2 years of relevant experience.
* Must have moderate knowledge and understanding of assembly drawings, parts lists, standard procedures, work instructions, wiring diagrams, electro-mechanical assembly, etc.
* Adheres to safety policies and procedures, encourages safe working practices by other associates.
* Supports the overall goals of the organization.
* Moderate knowledge of drawings, parts lists, standard procedures, vendor's spec sheets, basic knowledge of chemistry and physics.
* Must have above average degree of concentration with continuous attention to detail.
* Basic job knowledge must be adapted to new and complex units and processes.
* Must be able to communicate verbally in person and in writing to individual's and/ or groups.
* Must have the ability to communicate with a variety of personality types and levels of the organization.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to work in an environment with one or more of the following elements: dirt, heat, noise, glare, dampness, ventilation, crowded conditions, acids, chemicals, fumes, cold, dust, etc.
* Good manual dexterity required to be able to work with small parts.
* Long periods of standing, bending, and squatting.
* May have a long degree of repetitiveness with mostly variable work or short degree of repetitiveness with monotonous or confined work.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.