Cabinet Builder I (Job #1406)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
Under close supervision, learn how to use a variety of woodworking tools, techniques and material to fabricate highly complex cabinet configurations and other wood-surfaced subassemblies for completion of VIP aircraft.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Fabricate high quality cabinetry, devan, ledges etc and other wood-surfaced subassemblies.
2. Interpret material specs and engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets the design spec, with a high level of quality and detail.
3. Request material needs timely to ensure a continuous work flow.
4. Follows all department safety guidelines and ensure proper usage of tools and equipment.
5. Other duties as assigned but not covered herein.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. High School Diploma, or GED. Trade schooling related to cabinetry or other relevant craftsmanship a plus.
2. Thorough knowledge of the Cabinet Build process plus the demonstrated ability to lead and mentor others.
3. 1 years Cabinetry experience, preferably in the corporate aviation completion environment.
4. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
5. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Strong knowledge and expertise with all aspects of the Cabinet Build process./
2. Knowledge of the RSM and FAA requirements as it relates to Cabinet Build, Finish or aircraft completions/modifications.
3. Working knowledge of computers and related software utilized by Comlux.
4. Working knowledge of lean or other continuous improvement opportunity techniques.
5. Ability to communicate in an assertive yet professional, motivating and tactful manner.