This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 1/28/2017
Newport News, VA
TE SubCom (SubCom), a TE Connectivity Ltd. company, is an industry pioneer in undersea communications technology and marine services, and a leading global supplier for today s undersea communications requirements. As a vertically integrated supplier, SubCom designs, manufactures, deploys, and maintains the industry s most reliable fiber optic cable systems. Its solutions include long-haul and regional systems, repeaterless networks, capacity upgrades, offshore oil and gas, and scientific research applications. SubCom brings end-to-end network knowledge and global experience to support on-time delivery and the needs of customers worldwide. To date, the company has deployed more than 100 cable systems and enough subsea communication cable to circle the Earth 15 times at the Equator. For more information visit www.SubCom.com.
TE SubCom is seeking a Cable Engineer for our Ocean Operations function that is required to travel (domestic and international) extensively aboard cable ships, barges, or ashore with various duties for jointing and cable operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Assists with engineering and implementation of deep sea cable repairs and installations.
* Works as a member of a team on activities associated with the repair and installations of submarine cable systems.
* Assists supervising engineer with vessel loading.
* Writes methods of procedure for repair, installation and loading activities.
* Interface with customers.
* Assists with internal and external training support as necessary.
* Interfaces with all Marine Services functional engineering groups, Project Management, R&D, Newington Cable Factory, Cable Ships & Depots and external contractors.
* BS degree in electrical, mechanical, civil or computer science engineering is preferred.
* Charting and mapping skills are highly desired.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
* High level of PC proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook. AutoCAD drafting experience is highly preferred.