Cable Splicer 1/C
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
CABLE SPLICER 1/C
JOB ID 20163125 DATE POSTED 09/08/2016 Description
NATIONAL GRID IS SEEKING CABLE SPLICER 1/C IN OUR OPERATIONS UNDERGROUND DEPARTMENT IN MALDEN, MA. WE ARE A MAJOR ELECTRICITY AND GAS DELIVERY COMPANY WITH ONE OF THE LARGEST ELECTRICITY TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS IN THE NORTHEAST.
WE BELIEVE IN SERVING OUR COMMUNITIES. OUR NEIGHBORS ARE OUR CUSTOMERS AND WE RE PROUD TO WORK HARD FOR THEM EVERY DAY.
ARE YOU READY TO BE A PART OF OUR TEAM* IF SO, HERE IS YOUROPPORTUNITY.
OUTLINE OF DUTIES:
* Perform all duties as a Splicer 1/C.
* Maybe required to handle substances considered hazardous.
* Follow all National Grid environmental policies..
* Maintain various records and procure all stock as needed.
* Install and remove common meters on single-phase services as required.
* Be capable to act as Field Control Authority and assume responsibility for Red Tags.
* Be proficient as a Splicer 1/C as demonstrated by proficiency and testing..
* Become thoroughly familiar with all Safety Standards.
* Retain appropriate qualifications on the National Grid Switching and Tagging list.
* Be thoroughly familiar with all Construction, Operating and Maintenance Standards, and Safety Standards and Procedures.
* Be proficient with the use of electronic devices and maintain various records, reports, and forms regarding payroll, materials used and condition of plant, tools, and equipment.
* Demonstrate the ability to properly operate vehicles, tools, and equipment assigned to the department.
* Furnish an acceptable means of off-hour contact by telephone.
* Retain a clean and valid motor vehicle operator s license, which does not restrict driving as to type of transmission or hours of operation.
* Must maintain a DOT health certificate and a System hoisting certificate.
* Must pass the Field Assessment Test
Note: To qualify candidates must show proficiency in the above qualifications.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Maint & Construction
:Maint & Construction
:Sep 8, 2016, 2:49:57 PM
:Oct 8, 2016, 11:59:00 PM