This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: OUTSIDE CABLE TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: BROOKVILLE PA
DURATION: 1 YEAR OPEN-ENDED
* Installs, maintains, and repairs business and residential customer telephone, wiring and internet services, outside plant, and special circuits according to specifications.
* Handles routine and non-routine assignments. Communicates with customers regarding installation/repair.
* Promotes and sells company products and features based on customers' needs.
* Presents and conducts self in a professional manner; promotes positive company image to the public.
* Diagnoses, clears, and repairs outside plant facility troubles.
* Repairs cable cuts and damage. Performs minor central office tasks.
* Operates a variety of tools and devices including test equipment.
* Adheres to safety standards and regulations.
* Safely operates and maintains clean and organized service vehicle.
* Demonstrated communication and customer service skills.
* Strong math and PC skills. Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
* Comprehensive knowledge of job functions.
* Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
* Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable.
* Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 275 lb.
* Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs, working aloft, and successfully completing required safety training.
* Must be available to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
* Required to respond to after hour call-outs.