Cache Database Administrator - EPIC (Remote Option) 9/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization headquartered in Broomfield with facilities located in Colorado, Kansas and Montana. SCL Health operates:
4 safety net clinics
1 children's mental health treatment center
190 ambulatory service centers
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring healthand hopeto our patients.
Our ministry is dedicated to improving the health of the communities and individuals we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
The Cache Database Administrator, tests, and implements computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. Coordinate changes to computer databases. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
* Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
* Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
* Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
* Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
* Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
* Train users and answer questions.
* Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
* Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems such as the installation of new databases.
* Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
* Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
* Performs other duties as assigned, some of which may be essential to the job.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering or a closely related field, required
Required Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
Four (4) years of systems analysis and/or programming experience which includes at least one (1) year of database administration experience.
Epic Cogito, Clarity and Caboodle
Understanding of Data Architectures
Working with Dimensional/Cube Data Models