Calibration Analyst III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnder general supervision, this position is responsible for calibration and other metrology activities in support of company production and quality objectives.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs calibrations, diagnostics, and maintenance of inspection, measuring and test equipment
* Timely completion of tasks with appropriate documentation according to standard operating procedures, standard work instructions, applicable standards, guidelines, practices, and policies
* Demonstrates knowledge of uncertainty calculation and analysis for measurement standards and associated measurement processes
* Develop methods for calibration of various instruments using accepted metrology and industry practices
* Assists with identification, purchase, and organization of calibration standards
* Troubleshoot equipment and system malfunctions or arrange for repair as appropriate
* Coordinate and perform in-house equipment calibration verifications according to written procedures
* Provide training and guidance regarding the calibration program with other departments as needed
* Provide direct communication with calibration service providers including coordinating and supervising onsite visits ensuring compliance with current requirements and standards
* Reviewing and approving in-house and vendor calibration documentation
* Initiate and provide guidance with out of tolerance reports
* Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of Alere Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies
* Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the companys policies and practices
* Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities.
* Some overtime and an occasional weekend day may be required
* Perform other duties and projects as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High School diploma and one of the following:
* Completion of military training (PMEL) with 4 years experience as a calibration or instrument technician
* Completion of an Instrumentation or Industrial Electronics (2-year) curriculum at a technical school with 4 years experience as a calibration or instrument technician
* AA/AS degree in a related science or engineering major with 4 years experience as a calibration or instrument technician
* Knowledge of metrology principles
* Knowledge and application of algebra, statistics, and elementary physics
* Highly skilled in one metrology discipline, demonstrated knowledge and application of three additional disciplines (temperature, pressure, electrical, flow, physical dimensional, etc.)
* Knowledge of cGMP
* Ability to read and interpret specifications, engineering documents and schematics
* Experience with a calibration management database application (Maximo, CalMan, ProCal, etc.)
* Strong proficiency in using MS Office, WORD, Excel, Visual Basic, Access, MS Project, Visio and other data systems (JDE)
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position, however, reasonable accommodations will be made if at all possible under business conditions.