- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Calibration Engineer (Signal Processing Engineer)
3001 Cubic Global Defense, Inc.
Cubic Global Defense, Abraxas is a trusted partner to the U.S. National Security community, supporting its worldwide mission with both service and technical related programs across a vast array of Intelligence Community organizations.nOur staff brings fresh perspectives from engineering, academia, national security, and defense to collaborate on multifaceted problems.nOur philosophy is that employee satisfaction leads to client satisfaction and success for everyone. We carefully select employees for assignments to ensure they find the experience challenging, rewarding, and in line with their career objectives. Our mandate is simple. We are dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining the most talented minds in the national security community.
The Calibration Engineer has three plus years experience in the calibration, troubleshooting and repair of electronic test equipment. Equipment includes analyzers (spectrum, signal, network, noise, modulation, power and audio), oscilloscopes, meters, test sets, generators (signal, vector, level), and power supplies. Experience is required in working with Logistics Operations, Procurement and field personnel. Maintaining a detailed calibration schedule of worldwide deployed equipment and tracking of all equipment is essential.
* Calibrate, align, troubleshoot and repair electronic test equipment
* Comprehensive knowledge of test equipment from Agilent, Keysight, HP and National
* Instruments PXI based equipment
* Troubleshoot equipment problems and provide technical support to test and inspection personnel and field personnel
* Define new equipment requirements and retire older equipment as needed
* Establish and update procedures and documentation related to the calibration program
* Maintain a technical equipment library and calibration tracking of all equipment
* Design test procedures from manufacturer s specifications
* Investigate vendor equipment vulnerabilities and recommend alternative solutions
* Maintain current technical competencies to recommend appropriate equipment upgrades
* Schedule and conduct routine equipment calibration ( 1000 pieces)
* Track calibrated equipment transactions by schedule and location. Initiate contact with appropriate POCs to ensure calibration is performed in a timely manner according to schedule
* Submit purchase orders for required vendor repairs and replacement equipment as required
* 3 years customer experience
* Communicate regularly with both Customer management and the contract PM on the status of the calibration program and training and development opportunities
* Associates of Science degree or higher in an Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
* Technology and 5 years of relevant experience.
* Demonstrate strong written/verbal communications, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills including willingness and ability to document and share information.
* Able to work well in a team environment and as an individual contributor.
* Microsoft Office, Outlook, Visio, Lotus Notes
* National Instruments Labview knowledge.
Location: Springfield, VA
APPLICANT SELECTED WILL BE SUBJECT TO A GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE FOR ACCESS TO CLASSIFIED INFORMATION. AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET SCI CLEARANCE WITH A POLYGRAPH IS REQUIRED. .