Calibration Engineering Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCalibration/Engineering TechnicianJob ID:
Facilities Calibration/Engineering Technician B Job Code:
SIS20160709-13948 Job Location:
Rochester NY Job Description:
Works under general supervision, Performs Calibration/repairs of measuring and test equipment in manufacturing, laboratory, clean room, production, and quality environments as required. Have ability to provide quality control, replace defective components and perform troubleshooting using electronic and mechanical calibration standards, read and write detailed procedures, interpret manuals and verbal and/or written instructions; maintain appropriate calibration and repair logs and equipment-related data using calibration data base systems. Must understand the purpose of Metrology and Traceability, have ability to use a variety of hand, power and test tools and equipment, estimate labor and equipment costs. Reconcile invoicing, interface with outside vendors to manage work load and services provided. Drive compliance to internal calibration process.Qualifications:* High School/GED with 4+ years of related Calibrations trades experienceorAssociates degree/2 years of post-secondary education with 0-2 years of related Calibration trades experience
* Must have a demonstrated capability to work in ISO structured or similar environment
* Must have the ability to calibrate devices across multiple disciplines including:
pressure, torque, electronic, speed, temp, etc.
* Ability to understand electric circuits, theory, and schematics
* Calibration experience in the discipline of Physical Dimensional calibration using gage blocks, granite plate, calipers
* Micrometers, mass (weights)
* Proficient use of computers and other electronic data collection devicesPreferred Additional Skills:* Electrical calibration using an Automated Calibration Station
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Soft skills - Must work well individually and in a team environment, be a creative problem solver, detail oriented, safety-minded and have good time management skills Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Technical, Operations Education High School (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - NY - Rochester .