Call Center Application Engineer
The Call Center Application Engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining call center related application programs and related documentation to meet enterprise business requirements as well as provide technical support to users and peers.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepare detailed coding specifications for application programs. Develop new and modify existing procedures and programs. Write and maintain systems documentation on assigned projects.
* Perform bug/defect investigation and resolution and coordinates with vendors on functional/system testing and delivery and post-production support.
* Provide daily technical support and maintenance for all call center applications including but not limited to call routing, IVR and reporting.
* Consult with users, elicits and clarifies requirements and communicates and trains affected staff on system changes.
* Evaluates, recommends, installs and maintains application software packages and call center technologies.
* Follow standard change control and configuration management practices and conforms to departmental application development standards and systems lifecycle.
* Assist with definition of systems cope and objectives and proposed technical approaches to ensure stability, scalability, and performance of the systems/applications assigned as well as develops tests and implementation plans.
* Prepares and submits project reports and assists with project estimates.
* Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the primary job responsibilities as described above.
* Position requires a bachelor's degree with relevant coursework in computer science or data processing and three years' related work experience in application programming or systems analysis (will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience)
* Position requires the ability to work with web services and other cross system communication protocols and experience with integration of telephony systems to other computer systems (e.g. SOAP, VXML and SQL)
* Experience with software development in an object-oriented programming language, ability to design, develop, and support advanced ACD and IVR applications
* Knowledge of PBX architecture, telecommunications network services, and contact center systems
* Working knowledge of and the ability to interpret and troubleshoot SIP based VoIP traffic, as well as the integration of dissimilar SIP telephony systems
* Experience with INTERACTIVE INTELLIGENCE\'S CIC AND CONVERGY\'S EDIFY IS PREFERRED as well as experience with management and development of speech recognition systems and grammars
* Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
* Use independent judgment and communicate effectively with internal and external contacts
* Participating with on-call support twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, occasional travel may be required to enterprise sites and training facilities
Candidates must be local and have authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer. Sponsorshihp is not provided. No third parties.