Call Center - Patient Enrollment Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONALERE HOME MONITORING is the largest, most experienced home INR monitoring service provider in the country. As the leader in the industry and a Medicare (CMS) approved IDTF, weve helped over 16,000 users tracking 500,000 patients and 36 million INR tests by providing the critical tools needed to safely manage anticoagulation therapy.
Our broad range of solutions include fingerstick monitors for real time INR visibility at home or point of care, decision support applications, centralized patient management software, and health management support for individuals testing at home. This process is proven to be the superior standard of care for monitoring warfarin and the most cost effective oral anticoagulant.
We have earned the Joint Commissions Gold Seal of Approval accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations national standards for health care quality and safety in home care
We improve clinical, operational and economic outcomes for physicians, and offer more
freedom and better quality of life for patients. For our customers, KNOWING NOW MATTERS.
The Patient Enrollment Representative will serve as the primary contact and case coordinator for incoming Patient referrals. This individual will act as a centralized source to educate new patients on Alere Home Monitorings program and the benefits of Patient Self-Testing. The Patient Enrollment Representative will respond to patient questions about services, the enrollment process, and benefit plan coverage. This individual will track and follow-up on missing enrollment documentation, and stay in close patient communication until the patient has been trained and is an Active home tester.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Respond to incoming patient sales inquiries via telephone, written, facsimile requests and web based inquiries in a prompt and courteous manner
* Communicate the advantages of Alere policies and programs to patient related requests. Provide patient with appropriate program marketing materials electronically and via US Mail.
* Qualify customer needs and requests. Update Alere systems with new lead information, notes, track and ensure that leads are addressed in a timely manner
* Review details and expectations about the physician referral with patients to help clarify patient, physician and AHM program responsibilities.
* Act as the enrollment specialist to proactively assist patients and families/caregivers as they move through the application process. The PER is the main point of contact for the patients providing them direct access for asking questions, raising concerns and navigating through to placement.
* Act as the patients advocate by working in conjunction with all Departments to ensure approval of the necessary supplies/services in a timely fashion.
* Understand how to communicate patient benefit coverage including co-pay obligations. Gain patient commitment to proceed with meter placement with patients who qualify for fast tracking.
* Work collaboratively with peers, support staff and other Alere departments including regional sales staff.
* Have a broad understanding of Alere policies and procedures related to both patients and clinics
* Maintain accurate record of all patient interactions by updating and notating the appropriate patient and clinic systems.
* Resolve customer concerns and complaints in an expeditious and tactful manner per corporate standards.
* Demonstrate proficiency and accuracy in Alere operating systems directly related to specific job function.
* Perform various clerical duties to include, photocopying, data entry, faxing, scanning and assembling marketing materials.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Two to three years general office, data entry or customer service experience
* Dependable, detail oriented and ability to work with daily quotas
* Teamwork Oriented
* Ability to effectively communicate (both oral and written) with other members of the health care team and patients in a professional manner
* Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, remember and recognize codes, and keep up with daily quotas
* Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Position requires heavy telephone contact with program participants (up to 90%).
* Excellent interpersonal and phone etiquette skills
* Ability to provide superior customer service and meet customer satisfaction expectations.
* Detail & Team Oriented
* Strong Computer/Software Skills
* Communication & Writing Skills
* Organization/Time Management Skills
* Human Relation Skills
* Proficient in Windows based applications and Internet
* Perform some repetitive motion activities.
* Sit for long periods of time.
* Requires close vision and the ability to adjust eye focus often.
ALERE HOME MONITORING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. IF YOU NEED ACCOMMODATION FOR ANY PART OF THE EMPLOYMENT PROCESS BECAUSE OF A DISABILITY, PLEASE SEND AN E-MAIL TO ASHLEY.POLNOFF@ALERE.COM OR CALL 1-877-262-4669 EXT. 7692 TO LET US KNOW THE NATURE OF YOUR REQUEST.