Call Center Representative - Pre-Authorization/Referral Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
Rancho Cordova, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Call Center Representative - Pre-Authorization/Referral Representative
Adecco is assisting a local client in recruiting for a Pre-Authorization/Referral Representative position in Rancho Cordova, CA. This is for a temp to hire opportunity. As a Pre-Authorization/Referral Representative you will support patient care by obtaining required insurance referrals and pre-authorizations by interacting with patients, Primary Care Physicians and various insurance payers. If you meet the qualifications listed below, please go to www.adeccousa.com and click on Apply Now!
Responsibilities for this Pre-Authorization/Referral Representative position include:
• Reviews, extracts and provides clinical notes from patient's visits to the insurance payers in an effort to obtain the referral or secure a pre-authorization approval for scheduled appointments and tests prior to patient appointment
• Ensures the disposition of each request is documented to support claims billing and reimbursement for services
• In addition to documenting the outcome of the contact with insurance payers, is responsible for establishing and maintaining online access with insurance payers
• Assists patients with obtaining out-patient referrals by contacting PCP for all scheduled appointments requiring an HMO insurance referral
• Contacts insurance companies to obtain pre-authorization approval for scheduled outpatient services
• Verifies eligibility and benefits as part of the insurance referral and pre-authorization process through online verification tools or by telephone
• Minimum of 1-2 years of previous experience in a health care setting to include patient registration, customer service, medical insurance
• Minimum of 1-2 years of previous experience in medical insurance referrals and pre-authorization, medical billing environment, medical insurance verification
• Previous experience in ICD and CPT coding
• Previous experience using medical terminology
• Candidate must be able to sit for the majority of their shift
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Make good decisions and resolve issues in a clear, calm, and diplomatic matter
• Computer literate - Proficient with Email and Microsoft Word
• Able to work in a team environment
Pay for this position is $14.00 to $16.00 hr. DOE. This is a Temp to hire opportunity.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits package in the industry to contract workers. Benefits are available to you as a contractor after one week of employment.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Call Center Representative - Pre-Authorization/Referral Representative position in Rancho Cordova CA or any related opportunities with Adecco.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled