Testing Services Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ALERE HOME MONITORING is the largest, most experienced home INR monitoring service provider in the country. As the leader in the industry and a Medicare (CMS) approved IDTF, weve helped over 16,000 users tracking 500,000 patients and 36 million INR tests by providing the critical tools needed to safely manage anticoagulation therapy.
Our broad range of solutions include fingerstick monitors for real time INR visibility at home or point of care, decision support applications, centralized patient management software, and health management support for individuals testing at home. This process is proven to be the superior standard of care for monitoring warfarin and the most cost effective oral anticoagulant.
We have earned the Joint Commissions Gold Seal of Approval accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations national standards for health care quality and safety in home care
We improve clinical, operational and economic outcomes for physicians, and offer more
freedom and better quality of life for patients. For our customers, KNOWING NOW MATTERS.
The Testing Service Representative maintains a friendly and helpful disposition while collecting and documenting patient INR results in real time and communicating with prescribing Health Care Professional (HCP) as outlined by HCP orders and Alere Home Monitoring policies, procedures and standards of excellence. Monitoring and assisting patients with PST compliance, while adhering to clinical protocols, is of the upmost importance.
* Collects/receives INR results from patient.
* Utilizes call scripting provided when conducting patient phone calls.
* Enters INR results into appropriate collection application.
* Contacts patient and/or physician for INR results that fall in an out of range or critical values category as directed by the HCP and as outlined by Alere Home Monitoring policies and procedures.
* Monitors and assists in patient testing compliance using appropriate application(s), reminder phone calls, documenting interactions and results, and producing follow-up letters.
* Documents all patient interactions in the Memo section of the patient file in EMR (SA).
* Maintains and enters new patient data into appropriate computer database (SS).
* Demonstrates basic knowledge of products used to obtain INR results which are distributed by Alere Home Monitoring so assistance can be provided to patients with minor trouble shooting problems before escalating to Patient Outreach.
* Communicates to Testing Services Supervisor or Manager any unusual patient issues that are not addressed on call scripts, as they arise.
* Processes patient requested orders for testing supplies.
* Processes intro faxes for all new patients with initial training results.
* Performs weekend coverage duties as assigned by Testing Supervisor or Manager.
* Performs other Testing Services related duties as assigned.
* Follows all regulatory policies, procedures, privacy, and security standards in accordance with government agencies including all HIPAA requirements.
* Understands and adheres to business processes and procedures.
* Assists with implementation of work flow productivity improvements.
* Maintains a culture of accountability in area of responsibility.
* Assists with any special projects as directed by supervisor or manager.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Associates degree or equivalent preferred.
* Data processing or customer service experience preferred.
* Continued self-improvement courses & seminars as related to the position along with any programs provided by Alere Home Monitoring.
* Ability to use effective problem solving techniques.
* Ability to make decisions within company guidelines.
ALERE HOME MONITORING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. IF YOU NEED ACCOMMODATION FOR ANY PART OF THE EMPLOYMENT PROCESS BECAUSE OF A DISABILITY, PLEASE SEND AN E-MAIL TO ASHLEY.POLNOFF@ALERE.COM OR CALL 1-877-262-4669 EXT. 7692 TO LET US KNOW THE NATURE OF YOUR REQUEST.