Campus Director of Academic Affairs
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
* Oversee the implementation of academic policies/processes established by the Vice President of Academic Affairs, ensuring quality of education and efficiency of delivery.
* Maintain high levels of student satisfaction and success as measured by student outcomes (assessment, certifications, retention, time to completion, graduation.)
* Ensure all academic functions provide excellent student customer service (as measured by the SCEQ.)
* Monitor attendance and coordinate appropriate student follow up.
* Monitor and ensure appropriate use of Contact Manager.
* Monitor grade distribution and follow up with faculty as appropriate.
* Maintain and oversee all aspects of academic affairs at the campus.
* Manage and lead program directors and department heads.
* Oversee course scheduling with University administration to ensure efficient use of faculty, rooms and equipment.
* Ensure availability of adequate resources to faculty and students including classrooms, labs, books, materials and equipment and technology to support student learning.
* Ensure compliance with University policies, procedures and catalog to support student learning.
* Ensure compliance with accrediting bodies, state and federal agencies.
* Submit reports on a timely basis.
* Ensure all faculty members are appropriately credentialed to teach assigned courses.
* Provide input for academic program planning and budgetary requirements to the Campus President, ensuring faculty have input into the process.
* Assist Career Services in conducting semi-annual advisory boards in accordance with University policy.
* Ensure assessment of the academic programs is occurring and provides input for changes to the Curriculum Committee and Vice President of Academic Affairs.
* Ensure broad-based faculty participation in curriculum development.
* Follow the established academic operational term schedule.
* Monitor and implement appropriate actions based on measures such as mid-term grades and student satisfactory academic progress.
* Identify and interview faculty candidates; work with the Campus President to hire new faculty.
* Orient new faculty to University policies and procedures.
* Perform regular classroom observations to ensure faculty members are incorporating active learning techniques into their daily lessons.
* Develop professional development plans for all faculty utilizing appropriate University resources.
* Conduct annual performance evaluations on all faculty members.
* Ensure compliance with the Faculty Workload Policy to include securing approval for any course overload prior to term start.
* Maintain an appropriate faculty to ensure academic quality.
* Ensure faculty members utilize University resources such as Moodle and incorporate the appropriate technology into the classroom.
* Conduct regularly scheduled academic meetings, in-service training and professional development seminars.
* Ensure that faculty members comply with all academic policies and procedures.
* Develop positive relationships and a sense of community among the students.
* Ensure campus compliance with the co-curricular policy.
* Deliver new student orientation in conjunction with other campus functions.
* Ensure that all Academic and Judicial Review Boards are conducted in a timely manner in accordance with University policy.
* Oversee the library/learning resource center to ensure its effectiveness in support of student learning.
* Regularly coordinate/collaborate with ancillary services such as student records and student success.
* Participate in local community events to raise the awareness, visibility and stature of the University.
* Join local organizations that are curriculum or education related (e.g. professional, programmatic or state level organizations.)
* Identify opportunities for articulation agreements and builds relationships with other schools in the local community.
* Ensure all necessary data related to the assessment of student learning are captured at the campus (e.g. assessment, certification data and/or other information supporting Institutional Effectiveness plans.)
* Participate in scheduled meetings and other events.
* Prepare reports and provides input into education policies and procedures.
* Collaborate with University colleagues in Academic Affairs including CDAAs at other campuses.
* Collaborate in the development and ongoing improvement of curriculum.
* Serve on University-level committees.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Master s degree from a regionally accredited institution required; terminal degree (Ph.D., Ed.D., etc.) from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
* Five years (required) ten years (preferred) combined experience in a teaching and/or administrative role in a college or university, or related experience.
* Experience in a private sector (for-profit) college a plus.
* Experience in a multi-campus, hands-on learning environment.
* Successful experience with regional accreditation and professional/industry accreditation associated with technology, business, and healthcare programs is highly desirable.
* Strong record of academic and professional leadership
* The highest levels of integrity at all times
* Exemplary interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
* Orientation toward results
* Strong team building skills and open communication leading with hands-on management
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.