Campus Director of Career Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Newport News, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supervise and motivate Career Services Advisors, provide professional development opportunities and conduct annual performance evaluations.
* Develop and maintain relationships with employers through frequent communication and networking.
* Solicit and follow up on job orders from employers.
* Counsel and advise students and graduates regarding professional development and career success strategies.
* Oversee job postings, registrations and applications on job placement website.
* Follow up weekly with non-placed graduates and assist where needed.
* Research industry and employer trends.
* Coordinate visitors and guest speakers.
* Coordinate and oversee Career Fairs on campus.
* Maintain database of employer contacts and placement status of students.
* Maintain and submit Graduate Success reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
* Actively participate in Advisory Councils and Alumni Committee.
* Keep student portal/share point sites updated with announcements, links and other employment-related documents.
* Assist in graduation process and conduct graduation sign up days for students.
* Contribute to decision-making, institutional effectiveness and strategic planning at the campus.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree required.
* 2-3 years of related experience- recruiting, staffing, business to business sales, career coaching and at least one year experience in in a supervisory role.
* Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training.
* Must be self-motivated, goal oriented and have a sense of urgency.
* Well-developed oral, written and telephone communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
* Ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant timeline pressures.
* Ability to work independently and with a team as well as with various constituents.
* Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
* Ability to create and maintain relationships and trust.
* Desire to help others achieve their goals.
* Ability to quickly master computer applications.
* Excellent customer service skills; to include the ability to effectively follow up and follow through.
* Ability to conduct business with attention to ethical considerations, University policies and procedures, employment law and accreditation guidelines.
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer