Capacity Planning Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/7/2016
CSG Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY 11271 Capacity Planning Analyst (Open)
Technical Support Group - Capacity Planning
This job is responsible for performing capacity planning, performance management, data management and measurement statistics reporting. Supports the customer batch and online processes for distributed systems. Provides timely and accurate support information, integrity and decision support for the corporation's computer hardware and software inventory.
Additional responsibilities includes reviewing, analyzing, and forecasting client resource management needs as well as evaluating business functions, performance, measurement and data storage to ensure resources are available to meet client requirements.
* Gathers and summarizes application implementation hardware impacts
* Tracks, reports and analyzes system measurement data
* Evaluates new business requirements used to size resources and provides technical support for new business initiatives
* Provides performance tuning data or system tools to tune or enhance performance of hardware platforms
* Consults and advises internal organizations, management, and clients on capacity and performance data
* Develops and prepares information that accurately reports and tracks CSG's resource utilization
* Regular and reliable attendance is required.
* 2-4 years experience in capacity planning
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Ability to identify a problem and form a solution
* Solid understanding of hardware products and their functional components
* Basic business understanding of Products offered
* Knowledge of computer related performance, capacity planning and data tools, strategy and methodologies
* Ability to use a personal computer. Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications.
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment.
* Skill in Microsoft Office suite
* Skill in Visual Basic
* Associate's degree in IT or MIS or equivalent education/experience.
* Skill in LINUX, WINDOWS, AIX
* Skill in BMC product suite primarily BCO, Remedy
* Skill in JIRA
* Skill in SQL