Capacity Planning Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
On-Site Google Projects, CA
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Capacity Planning Lead
Capacity Planning Lead, Google Express
Description: As the lead responsible for Google Express Customer Support Capacity planning, you will be the driving force behind forecasting and capacity planning efforts. You will help the support team scale while managing cost. You will use analytics to solve day to day operational problems, build forecasting models to improve operational and business planning, and act as subject matter expert in a cross functional teams to implement new operational processes and features. To be successful in this role, you must have very strong analytical and problem solving skills, and demonstrate project and team leadership. You lead by example, set high quality standards and communicate them effectively while holding yourself to the same high standards in every circumstance. You promote excellence by empowering the Google Express CS team to provide high quality support in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a member of the Google Express Customer Support team, you lead complex, multidisciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
- BA/BS degree or 5 years equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Expert spreadsheet proficiency
Google Sheets and MS Excel. SQL experience is preferred.
- Ability to selfstart and selfdirect work in an unstructured and fastpaced environment
high level of comfort dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong project management skills with flexibility and the demonstrated ability to
multitask and prioritize effectively while driving high impact, positive results.
- Strong attention to detail excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Forecast contact volume with multiple views (i.e. Low, Mid, High scenarios)
- Build forecast for a multivendor, multichannel customer support organization
(3months in advance within 10% accuracy)
- Some factors that will be considered in forecast are contact types, launches,
changes in the business, etc.
- Analyze contact arrival patterns across all channels (phone, email, chat)
- This may be through building charts that automatically update, etc.
- Weekly / Monthly updates to leadership with proposed changes to vendor allocations, hours of operations, etc.
- Aggregate data for schedule model
- Site and channel level throughput (AHT, CPH, etc.)
- Vendor contact allocation by channel
- Planned + Unplanned shrinkage and attrition at daily, weekly, monthly levels
- Forecast headcount required by site, channel, and arrival pattern to meet SLAs
- Work with Finance, marketing, and launch teams to understand order volume changes and the impact to customer support in forecasting process
- Include cost so we have models with various tradeoffs
- Attrition assumptions
- Hiring assumptions per channel
- Create aggregate schedule set for shared live channels across vendors
- Max seating capacity at each site
- Recommend hours of operations across the network
- Compare actuals to forecast (case volume, headcount, production hours) to hold the
Google Express & Vendor teams accountable