Cape Cod Residential Counselor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
The May Institute Inc.
East Harwich, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCAPE COD RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR
Job ID: 2016-2319
Job Location: East Harwich, Massachusetts
Type: Full and Part-Time
Category: Residential Counselor
May Institute proudly serves individuals across the lifespan with autism, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, neurological disorders, behavior disorders, and mental illness to promote independence, choice, dignity, and respect. We provide compassionate and caring educational, therapeutic, habilitative, and consulting services grounded in evidence-based practice.
Currently, we are looking for Direct Care Professionals to work with adults with autism and developmental disabilities in one of our many residential sites or day habilitation centers at one of our many centers across Cape Cod. We offer a $500 sign on bonus, a variety of different schedules, exciting career paths, an excellent benefits package for full time employees, and an opportunity to engage in life changing work that can bring about a positive impact in the lives of the people you work with.
* Skill development and community integration
* Assisting individuals in meeting their personal care and nutritional needs
* Behavioral interventions
* Participating in the development of IEP/ISP objectives and documenting consumer progress
* Dispensing medications
* Previous behavioral experience preferred
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Valid driver s license and at least 2 years' driving experience
* Previous human services experience preferred