Capital Equipment Buyer (Automotive)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
For more information:
* Visit the Molex website at www.molex.com
* Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
* Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
* Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
* Read our blog at www.connector.com
We are currently building our in house NPD Procurement staff and are looking for a NPD (New Product Development) CAPEX (Capital Equipment) Procurement Lead to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role you will have the opportunity to be responsible for the development and execution of activities supporting sourcing strategies in NPD (New Product Development) and capable of delivering high quality, innovative, on-time, cost effective materials that meet standard and custom project requirements in CAPEX.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Developing goals and objectives for the NPD division to align with the CAPEX global strategy.
* Providing innovative solutions to customers working with the MIE (Manufacturing Integration Engineers) and / or Manufacturing Services through the phases of PDP (Product Development Process) including R&D, product modification, design and new product introduction.
* Overseeing the ECO process to ensure rapid and effective resolution of ECRs and implementing design solutions to reduce assembly time and product cost.
* Developing and maintaining a continuous improvement atmosphere to reduce design time, reduce development costs, increase design accuracy, and improve product quality with suppliers and with internal MIEs.
* Assisting in the development of new product specifications with the MIEs and / or Manufacturing Services and working with the CAPEX Global Category Managers to understand their strategies and communicate division and new product CAPEX requirements.
* Lead the procurement process in NPD PDP for CAPEX working with the divisional lead and MIEs and / or Manufacturing Services to include project planning, design and material costs, timeframes and measurements.
* Acquire and maintain technical understanding of products purchases, knowledge of the supplier base and elements of product cost.
* Manage request for quotes relative to capital equipment conducting in-depth supplier pricing analysis to ensure competitive pricing is being achieved.
* Lead the recruitment, evaluation, and selection of suppliers through market sourcing, identification of supplier capabilities, the creation of technical RFQ documents, proposal review, risk analysis, and complex commercial contract negotiation.
* Drive cost improvements on sustaining items. Using knowledge of product manufacturing cost, Total Cost of Ownership, and costed BOMs to drive cost reduction, as well as, seeking ongoing process improvement. Interact with Global Category Management for supplier negotiations and contract development.
* Ensures and monitors company compliance with contractual obligations, sourcing policies and preferred supplier arrangements.
* Approval of purchase requisitions or orders and revisions.
* Communicates project updates to all stakeholders.
* Coordinates contract milestones, production schedules, drawings, and specifications for user approval.
* Managing, analyzing, and adhering to engineering project capital needs and expense budgets.
* Taking responsibility to protect intellectual property.
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering or 7 or more years experience with capital equipment and strong negotiation capability.
* 3 or more years of experience with capital equipment working with engineering and design including successful NPD.
* 5 or more years experience in procurement and strong negotiation capability.
* Experience in tooling and equipment purchasing practices and processes.
* Previous experience with ECO / ECR, project planning and NPD.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Ability to lead, strong analytical / problem solving skills, and excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to present and interact with internal customers and vendors for problem resolution for new product introduction.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong computer skills Microsoft Office Suite.
* May require business travel domestic and international up to 20-30%.