Capital Project Engineer 9/1/2016
Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp.
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Summary:
The Capital Project Engineer is responsible for the development, engineering, design and implementation of mill division capital upgrades, construction and improvement projects.
* Oversee on-site construction activities and on-site and off-site pre-fabrication for the mill division to ensure projects are managed according to specifications, budget and timeline and that all equipment operates as designed.
* Coordinate with mill management, production and maintenance to manage capital projects from the point of development through installation:
* Identify capital projects and provide cost estimates and return on investment.
* Develop and issue construction contract inquiries, quotes, specifications and scope-of-work.
* Assemble design drawings including preliminary piping and mechanical design.
* Develop and monitor costs, materials, resources and project schedules.
* Enforce safety regulations and ensure safe operating practices and conditions. This includes maintaining safety documentation and contractor records and ensuring safety orientations and meetings are attended.
* Provide project engineering technical expertise to mill division.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field (Mechanical or Chemical Engineering) or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum 3-6 years' maintenance or engineering experience in a pulp & paper mill with 1-2 years' experience in project management
* Experience in AutoCAD
* Commitment to safety and environment
* Advanced knowledge of mechanical and electrical components used in an industrial environment
* Strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision making skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
* Strong organizational skills; ability to use discretion, prioritize, maintain attention to detail and recognize time constraints
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, enterprise management programs and mill information systems
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled