Capital Project Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 4/4/2017
Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp.
North Charleston, SC
The Capital Project Engineer is responsible for the development, engineering, design and implementation of mill division capital upgrades, construction and improvement projects.
* Oversee on-site construction activities and on-site and off-site pre-fabrication for the mill division to ensure projects are managed according to specifications, budget and timeline and that all equipment operates as designed.
* Coordinate with mill management, production and maintenance to manage capital projects from the point of development through installation:
* Identify capital projects and provide cost estimates and return on investment.
* Develop and issue construction contract inquiries, quotes, specifications and scope-of-work.
* Assemble design drawings including preliminary piping and mechanical design.
* Develop and monitor costs, materials, resources and project schedules.
* Enforce safety regulations and ensure safe operating practices and conditions. This includes maintaining safety documentation and contractor records and ensuring safety orientations and meetings are attended.
* Provide project engineering technical expertise to mill division.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field (Mechanical or Chemical Engineering) or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum 3-6 years' maintenance or engineering experience in a pulp & paper mill with 1-2 years' experience in project management
* Experience in AutoCAD
* Commitment to safety and environment
* Advanced knowledge of mechanical and electrical components used in an industrial environment
* Strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision making skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
* Strong organizational skills; ability to use discretion, prioritize, maintain attention to detail and recognize time constraints
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, enterprise management programs and mill information systems
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled