Capital Projects Sr. Financial Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohns Manville is currently seeking candidates for the position of Capital Projects Sr. Financial Analyst to be located in Littleton, Colorado. The Capital Projects Sr. Financial Analyst is the lead finance member for capital projects forecasting, consolidation, reporting, including all analytics, and leads the Global Investment Council (GIC) for Johns Manville. GIC activities include: portfolio management, capital allocation and project prioritization, and project cost controls. This individual is responsible for end-to-end capital projects finance facilitation, oversight, compliance monitoring, process development, and training and standardization of the Capital Project Process (CPP). Tools utilized will include SAP Project Systems (PS), Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC), Investment Expenditure (InvEx), Excel, and several other tools, in support of Johns Manville manufacturing facilities worldwide. The Capital Projects Financial & Process Specialist shall work within a cross-functional, global finance and engineering team to achieve corporate, divisional, and departmental objectives in a collaborative environment across a broad range of industrial manufacturing facilities. The Capital Projects Financial & Process Specialist has cross-discipline finance and accounting capabilities and a solid understanding of engineering economics and analysis.The Johns Manville Technical Center (JMTC) is a 325,000 square-foot facility located on 81 acres in the Rocky Mountain foothills southwest of Denver. It is the home of corporate R&D and capital project management, and is a customer service center for the Insulation and Roofing business units. The facility, built in 1973, includes accommodations for laboratory, pilot production, and office space. The JMTC laboratories feature state-of-the-art capabilities in the areas of product and process development, characterization, and testing.Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
- Perform a monthly consolidation of global project spend and forecasting data and measure against targets in excel based tools and consolidated utilizing BPC
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for project spending, project close-outs, supplementals, and projects over time limits. Provide financial analysis to meet all reporting requirements; including monthly, quarterly and annual financial results, data for Berkshire Hathaway, forecasting and planning
- Facilitate Global Investment Council monthly reporting and meetings in coordination with the VP of Capital Projects
- Ensure policies and procedures are created, followed, and maintained with a strong system of internal controls over capital projects.
- Help manage and facilitate the capital project expenditures process in order to meet the annual budget
- Facilitate and assist in the strategic planning and annual operating plan process through template preparation, facilitating meetings, preparing analysis, preparing the final plan documents, and supporting the decision making process to allocate capital across all JM business units
- Facilitate projects being completed and fully closed in all systems (financial and non-financial) on time and within budget.
- Perform timesheet and expense reporting and engineering assignment administration to include charging out Corporate Engineering expenses to specific capital projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 7 years of financial business experience with some portion in manufacturing
- High level of computer literacy and efficiency including Excel
- ERP / SAP Project Systems (PS), and Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC)
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to use a report writer (such as Brio) for data mining and Excel for analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated high level of drive and initiative to complete assigned tasks and investigate and seek out improvement opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and team collaboration skills.
- Strong leadership potential, passion, and excitement to add value to the organization
- Financial modeling experience to assess investments
- Proven results in developing and implementing business process improvements
- Success in managing significant changes in systems, processes and people.
- Demonstrated ability to provide complex and innovative solutions to process design issues
- Proven ability to influence managers outside group to provide required information and meet deadlines
- Could require travel up to once a quarter
Additional consideration given for:
- Advanced finance or business degrees
- Fixed Asset / Property Accounting / Capital Project experience
- Brio (for report writing), and Tableau
- Black/Green belt certification
- PMP Certification
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Experience in fiberglass, glass, or roofing manufacturing industries
- Proficient in project scheduling software (MS Project)
- Experience with a continuous process discipline such as Six Sigma/ Lean/ TQM manufacturing environment
- Construction / project experience
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.