This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCarbon Analyst
OPERATIONS: FACILITY SOLUTIONS | PORTLAND, OR OR SEATTLE, WA, UNITED STATES
Making a World of Difference -At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights from demand to impact to target inefficiencies and See More, Save Moreand Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family together we can Make a World of Difference.
As a member of Ecova s Energy & Sustainability Analytics team, this position will support the Sr. Manager to support and deliver our client-facing services and the continued development of our carbon management capabilities. This position is critical in addressing current workload outlays as well as those inherent in carbon revenue targets. Furthermore, this position supports additional growth into this highly competitive space.
In this role you will familiarize yourself with Ecova s existing Carbon Management Solutions. As a Carbon Analyst, you will work alongside Ecova s Carbon Management stakeholders to deliver carbon management services to our clients as well as assist in the continued strategic development of our services.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Assist the Carbon Management Solutions team with client deliverables, including annual greenhouse gas (GHG) reports, semi-annual newsletters, and CDP reporting guidance
* Ensure the Carbon Management Solutions team is utilizing the most up-to-date carbon accounting methodologies and assist in the advancement of Ecova s infrastructure used to deliver our services, inclusive of inventorying and reporting scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions activities
* Provide expertise on industry specific emission factors and work with multiple stakeholders to maintain Ecova s robust carbon management platform
* Monitor changes to carbon calculation protocols to provide recommendations on enhancements and best practices applicable to our internal processes and systems
* Support the Carbon Management Solutions team with service strategy and development
* Work with clients and the Carbon Team to deliver enterprise-level carbon assessments as well as customized carbon analyses
* Bachelor s degree in engineering or environmental science
* Carbon management degree qualification and/or Master s degree desirable
* Minimum 2 years of experience working on climate change issues, preferably within a consulting environment
* Proven technical expertise in GHG quantification and accounting (utilizing The Climate Registry, WRI/WBCSD GHG Protocol, and/or ISO 14064.1; other accounting standards also helpful) and an understanding of climate change regulations, policies, and actions
* Demonstrated an ability to conduct enterprise-level carbon accounting assessments
* Data management expertise a plus
* Self-motivated and can work independently as well as in a team
* Excellent analytical abilities
* Confident oral and written communication skills
* Proficient using all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and advanced Excel skills are a plus
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.