Card Services Fraud Risk Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 3/9/2017
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for providing strategic and tactical risk mitigation for Debit, Credit, Commercial Cards and ATM businesses to avoid losses, while ensuring high customer service levels and revenue enhancement. Manages the long-term strategic planning and development for team, providing oversight and management of the risk management strategies, analytics, reporting and the development and deployment of rules associated with fraud and overall risk mitigation for card related services. Advises peers and management of solutions and workflow to achieve efficiencies that accomplish objectives to mitigate fraud and other risks to the bank and card related services.
Directs the evaluation of new and revised risk management systems, process improvements, procedures, and methodologies that will be used to continuously improve the effectiveness, quality, and delivery of assigned operational areas including 3rd parties (vendors).
* Manages and directs internal and external Fraud Analysts that are responsible for analyzing client accounts and transactions in order to detect potential fraud situations and identify fraud trends and patterns.
* Develops and implements risk management standards, procedures and processes for the business by utilizing industry standards and best practices.
* Participates in industry related committees and forums to insure the bank is aware of the latest fraud trends, issues and countermeasure options to assist in evaluating and recommending risk management strategies, rules, operations, policies and guidelines.
* Proactively provides risk management leadership to team and evaluates team performance and trend analysis for upper management preparing budgets, performance reviews, forecasts, financial reports, business cases and proposals pertaining to risk management.
* Maintains active participation in project management of projects that require involvement by assigned operational areas including but not limited to internal Security, Information Security, and IT departments to coordinate and facilitate solutions to optimize security around card data, including PCI Compliance and physical ATM security.
* Continuously evaluates existing business operations and implements appropriate changes to mitigate emerging risks to improve effectiveness, quality, productivity and efficiency for assigned areas of responsibility.
* Serves as subject matter expert in developing and managing effective and efficient risk systems, tools, processes, strategies and rules to combat existing and emerging threats with cards and virtual card payments while optimizing revenue and client experience.
* Identifies technological resources and organizational processes to build high quality cooperative and productive operations.
* Ensures the integrity and availability of operations through the development and exercise of business contingency and continuity plans.
* Predicts the level of fraud risk, develops policies and procedures used to evaluate and control fraud risk, and analyzes the potential profit/loss impact on the assigned product line of changes in risk management strategies.
* Develops and maintains the analytical framework and support systems for the fraud claim management and reporting processes.
* Bachelors degree in Statistics, Finance or a related discipline
* Very strong technical knowledge of card strategies/rules - minimum of 7 years experience in banking - preferably with card fraud mitigation, with at least 5 years experience in managing card fraud strategies.
* Deep advanced knowledge and experience of card processing (Debit and Credit) and fraud monitoring (Falcon, TRIAD, SAS, Visa AA, VCAS etc.) with successful results while balancing optimized mitigation of card fraud, revenue enhancement and client experience.
* Thorough analytical, planning and problem solving skills.
* Very strong operations/production management experience minimum 5 years.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written , as well as ability to successfully interact and influence all levels of management and staff.
* Creative, flexible, decisive, and adaptable to a dynamically changing business, production environment.
* Ability to work hours as needed and travel on an as-needed basis.
* Ability to support daily activities to support strategies for multi-function operations in high risk areas in a 24/7 environment.
* Demonstrate effective strategic planning and process improvement aptitude for multiple bank operations functions.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
* Ability to operate a keyboard if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 50 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be accommodated, hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Job Category: Risk
Organization: Hancock Bank - Corporate Operations - Product, Payments & Delivery Channels
Shift: First Shift
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Hancock Holding Company family of companies include: Whitney Bank (doing business as Hancock Bank in Mississippi, Alabama and Florida and Whitney Bank in Louisiana and Texas), Hancock Investment Services, Inc., Whitney Investment Services, Inc., Hancock Insurance Agency, Whitney Insurance Agency and Harrison Finance Company.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.