This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics
Kansas City, MO
PRN As Needed
** This is a PRN position **
A Cardiac Perfusionist provides extracorporeal perfusion services and related procedures to a defined patient population utilizing the heart lung machine during open heart surgery. They also provide ECMO support for patients requiring extracorporeal cardiopulmonary support for pulmonary or cardiac failure. Additionally, they provide auto-transfusion services for intra-operative blood salvage, and utilize POC laboratory equipment to provide blood gas, electrolyte, glucose and activated clotting time testing in the OR. They participate in performance improvement activities, education and training of staff, and clinical research. Lastly, they work in tandem with the perfusion assistants to maintain equipment and monitor par levels of disposable supplies for the department.
* Bachelor's degree in Perfusion Technology
* No experience necessary
* 3 years experience preferred
* ACPE - Perfusion Technology Certificate
* American Board of Clinical Perfusion certification as Cardiac Perfusionist (CCP) or ABCP eligible - must obtain certification within 1 year of hire date
* Missouri Board of Healing Arts license as Cardiac Perfusionist (provisional or full)
* Requires communication skills in order to work with the wide variety of specialties wherein perfusion services are utilized
* Must be able to function at a managerial level to oversee capital equipment expenses, equipment maintenance, personnel training, purchase of disposable supplies and data collection
* Good computer skills with working knowledge of MS Word or MS Excel
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online
INTERNAL APPLICATION CONFIRM
Are you sure you want to continue as an INTERNAL applicant* Yes
back to top