Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit RN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for CARDIOVASCULAR INTENSIVE CARE UNIT RN for our client in CINCINNATI, OH
JOB TITLE: CARDIOVASCULAR INTENSIVE CARE UNIT RN
JOB LOCATION: CINCINNATI, OH
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
* Required Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit RN
* The Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) is a 16-bed cardiovascular recovery and intensive care unit.
* The all-RN staff is highly proficient in the pre-operative, intra-operative support, and immediate post-operative phases of care in patients with various cardiovascular procedures including but not limited to open heart, Ventricular Assist Devices and Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement.
* The staff also cares for acute cardiology patients and post cardiology procedures.
* RNs demonstrate expertise with all types of invasive lines, medications, hemodynamic parameters, intra aortic balloon pumps, and other ventricular assists devices.
* RNs are also highly proficient in the care of various types of surgical and medical intensive care patients.
* RNs are required to be ACLS certified, and CCRN and CSC certifications are highly encouraged.
* The leadership team of the CVICU consists of the clinical manager, program manager, and clinical educator.
* Our support team consists of health unit coordinators.
* The CVICU is a fast-paced unit utilizing state-of-the-art technology, nationally recognized standards of care, acute critical thinking skills and autonomy.
* The CVICU RNs embrace autonomy and deliver highly skilled blended intensive nursing care with care and compassion.
* This registered nurse uses critical care specialized knowledge, judgment, and skills to provide care to patients.
* The RN utilizes knowledge derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, and nursing sciences to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
* The RN provides care is culturally based and age specific.
* The RN adheres to the American Nursing Association (ANA) code of ethics and to the scope of practice described in the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
THE RN MAY PERFORM THE FOLLOWING DUTIES:
* Complete a holistic assessment of the patient's physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and educational needs .
* Utilizes collected data to establish and prioritize a list of actual, and potential, individualized patient problems and needs.
* Prepares, coordinates, and revises multidisciplinary plan of care in collaboration with the patient and family to be supportive of care/Patient and Family Centered care.
* For each problem a measurable goal is set.
* Communicates the plan of care utilizing SBAR and handoff processes with all team members.
* Performs and delegates nursing actions based on appropriate orders and demonstrates critical thinking and accountability for appropriate implementation.
* Provides ongoing, individualized holistic patient and family education based on needs and plan of care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
* Responds to emergency situations that require an immediate, controlled precision in a skillful manner.
* Implements measures to prevent contamination and/or transmission of disease to include the use of appropriate protective devices and equipment to prevent injury and maintain a safe environment.
* Evaluates effectiveness of nursing care interventions, adjusts or continues with plan of care based on patient and family response.
* Documents information in a timely manner, according to hospital policy, to include the plan of care, accurate updates, teaching and the patients' and family response to care.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
* Associates Degree in Nursing Minimum (BSN required by 2020)
* Active Ohio RN License required
* 1+ to 2years experience
* Management ExperienceRequired - No
* Minimum Education - Associate's Degree
* Willingness to Travel - Never
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
* RN License