Cardiovascular Specialist (RCIS), FT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 5/31/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 03192-56323
When it comes to treating a heart attack, every minute counts. At North Suburban Medical Center, we get our patients lifesaving procedures quickly. The national standard set by the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association is 90 minutes, beginning when the patient enters the emergency room. With our Cardiac Alert program, we are able to consistently meet or exceed the national standards.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists the Physician in performing diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular procedures.
Current registration as Registered Radiology Technologist (RTR), or current certification as Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS); current BCLS certification, current ACLS certification.
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing, accredited RTR and/or RCIS training program.
2 years experience in interventional radiology procedures (RTR) preferred. 2 years experience in cardiovascular lab setting preferred (RCIS).
* Available to fulfill the department requirements of being on-call for after hours emergency procedures and be with in the required thirty minute response time.
* Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at NSMC.
* Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills.
* Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
* Has patient assessment knowledge and ability.
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED:
During orientation periods the new employee will be under the direct supervision of a designated preceptor. Once off orientation it is expected that the employee works independently within our cardiovascular team philosophy.
3 to 6 months depending on experience. Continuous evaluations will be done to determine employees competence.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 05/09/2016