Cardiovascular Tech 9/16/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Performs various tests of multiple blood samples obtained through catheterization or other means from specific areas within the patient's heart or lungs to determine the concentration of gases in order to aid in the physician's treatment. Prepares written documentation as required by the profession and the department, such as evaluation results, individualized treatment plans, progress reports, and related reports.
- High school graduate from an accredited institution or GED is required.
- Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiological Sciences or other accepted and approved equivalent is required.
- One (1) to three (3) years experience in a hospital setting as a Radiology Technologist is preferred.
- Cardiac Cath Lab experience is preferred.
- Texas Department Of Health (CMRT TDH) licensure is required.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) registration or Registry eligible is preferred.
- CPR certification is required.
- ACLS certification is required within 90 days of employment.
- PALS certification is preferred if caring for pediatric patients