This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details:
Summary of Position Description
In this position, prior experience working with trauma patient s is preferred. The ability to work with a team and the ability to multitask and prior discharge planning experience is required.
The Care Manager works collaboratively with interdisciplinary and healthcare team members, both internal and external to the organization to facilitate patient care through effective utilization and monitoring of healthcare resources and assumes a leadership role to achieve desired clinical and financial outcomes. The Care Manager coordinates care and services through the acute care episode and across the continuum.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Graduate of approved accredited nursing program required, Bachelors in Nursing requested. Required to matriculate within one year of hire into a BSN degree program and within five years of hire, will complete the BSN degree. Tuition assistance is available for positions 20 or more hours per week.
* Licensed as a RN in the State of Maine. Certification in Case Management preferred; required within 6 months of becoming eligible
* Broad clinical training and work experience sufficient to provide background in clinical management, continuing care and transitions of care.
* Familiarity with health care insurances and regulations desirable.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and can identify each patient s age specific needs.