Career Opportunities with IDEXX Laboratories in MD! 8/27/2016
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
Glen Burnie, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES WITH IDEXX LABS IN GLEN BURNIE, MD
IDEXX LABORATORIES is looking for Outstanding MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIANS in our GLEN BURNIE, MD Reference Lab.
We are looking to fill:
PARASITOLOGY TECH positions on our THIRD-SHIFT - The ideal candidates will have experience or education related to medical/veterinary diagnostic testing, including Parasitology - Great for Vet Techs and others with Parasit sample reading experience.
HEMATOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST position on our THIRD SHIFT - Outstanding manual differential skills required!
SPECIMEN PROCESSORS - Accessioning/Data Entry Pros - we need you! THIRD SHIFT opportunities available.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, PLEASE SEE OUR APPLICANT WEBSITE - CAREERS.IDEXX.COM
IDEXX LABORATORIES, INC. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 6,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries. EDUCATION:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required, 2, 3 or 4 year degree in Science-related field preferred.
* Typically 0-1 years experience.
* Certification as a Veterinary Technician (RVT, LVT, CVT - Registered, Licensed or Certified through American Veterinary Medical Association accredited program-AVMA) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) (American Society of Clinical Pathology-ASCP), Histotechnician for histology-specific (HT) (ASCP) or military equivalent a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Laboratory skills, with experience setting up, running and reading lab tests and operating lab instruments.
* General science background, including hematology/chemistry helpful.
* Attention to detail.
* Organized with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Positive, can-do attitude.
* Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) as appropriate.
* Supervisory skills, if a lead position.
* Personal computer skills, including strong typing ability and proficient use of Microsoft Office.
* Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
* Capable of standing continuously for up to 2 hours.
* Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers.
* Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch.
* May be required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Hearing acuity sufficient to effectively communicate with customers and Employees via telephone and in person.
* Ability to communicate verbally on phone and in person.
* Fluency in the English language.
* Extended hours may be required.
* Some travel required.
* Laboratory environment with potential biohazards present.
* Potential for exposure to agents known to cause zoonotic disease in humans and use of potentially hazardous chemicals as defined by the National Hazard Communication Standards. A complete list of such chemicals is available from department supervision.
NO UNSOLICITED EMPLOYMENT AGENCY RESUMES ARE ACCEPTED.