Cargo and Container Inspector - Chicago, IL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
SGS North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Perform government mandated pre-shipment inspections to assist in determination of the fair market value of exported goods
* Observance of inspectors manual (handout) and IJO for inspection execution
* Reporting of inspection results according to standard GIS Inspection Report form
* On time submission of inspection report to GIS Inspection Coordinator office, according to deadlines provided
* Reporting to Inspection Coordinator of any risky information detected by during inspection process, according to risk detection guidance provided by IC management
* Inspect cargo at ports, airports, warehouses and other areas
* Provide visual verification of quality and quantity
* Ensure correct coding and classification are on cargo
* At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
***This is an as-needed position and is paid by the individual inspection job.
* The ideal candidate should have an inspection, surveying, quality assurance, freight forwarding or customs background
* High school education or GED
* Detail oriented, organized and inquisitive
* Good customer relations skills are imperative
* Must have a valid driver s license with appropriate insurance
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English both verbal and written
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.