This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Carpenter/Painter - Part-time
EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Carpenter/Painter at Langley AFB, Langley, Virginia. The Carpenter/Painter repairs and maintains all structural related access door systems within the FBCH hospital, Central Utilities Plant ( CUP), and other buildings related to this contract. This position requires a strong Carpentry aptitude with experience applying joint compound to achieve a uniform finish and painting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains all rated fire/ smoke doors and hardware in accordance with NFPA standards for gap, latching, rate of closure, hold opens, door release, labeling, signs, and windows.
* Maintains and repairs various styles of door hardware.
* Maintains all non-rated doors and hardware related to this contract.
* Maintain all fire and smoke barriers by ensuring all openings are sealed with the appropriate \\"fire stop\\" material based on inspection results.
* Repair, build, and install shelving and cabinets.
* Repair and install suspended ceiling systems. Replace ceiling tiles as needed.
* Construct drywall partitions.
* Patch, finish, and paint drywall partitions.
* Replace and install vinyl base molding.
* Replace and install flooring material. Both VCT and carpet.
* Perform inspections as required by The Joint Commission ( TJC).
* Assist and support other craft technicians as needed.
* Be able to read and understand architectural and mechanical drawings.
* Be able to read and understand manufacturer s submittals and literature.
* Be able to specify and order material and replacement parts.
* Coordinate inspections, repairs, and installations with staff in affected areas to minimize disruption of hospital operations.
* Ensures compliance with department safety and quality standards to optimize effective utilization of resources and productivity.
* Be able to understand and implement control policies and procedures.
* Follow and implement Lock Out Tag Out procedures.
* Complete Work Requests and Preventive Maintenance ( PM) paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
* Attends weekly Tool Box safety meetings.
* Obtain OSHA 10 General Industry Safety and Health Certification.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to pass and maintain a Department of Defense background investigation to obtain the appropriate hospital badging.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
* Must complete a OSHA 10 General Industry Safety and Health training class ( supplied by EMCOR)
* Must possess a valid driver s license.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* The employee must receive medical shots as required by the Langley AFB Hospital and contract requirements. The annual flu and annual TB testing are mandatory, but additional shots maybe required as related to the employee s position.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee maybe exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled