This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Auto Req ID
The General Mechanic will be expected to take on any general building task from standard building maintenance to escorting vendors around the site. They must be able to interact with the client in a professional manner. They must be able to perform the repair, maintenance, restoration, and replacement of various component of the physical structure of buildings.
* Prepare, prime and paint building interior and exterior surfaces.
* Maintain and repair locks, locking mechanisms, closers, doors, and controllers.
* Perform general Handyman tasks to maintain buildings .Perform general roofing repairs.
* Patch and paint office, outside and GMP controlled clean room work environments.
* Level 2 or above painter with experience in Epoxy paint.
* Experience in controlled working environments a plus.
* Maintain light bulbs.
* Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment.
* General office maintenance hang pictures, install keyboard trays, and repair office furniture systems.
* Minor plumbing repairs.
* Completes special tasks that include painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, special cleaning, and general maintenance as assigned.
* Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested.
* Assists other operational staff members in repair and maintenance of building equipment.
* Complies with policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
* Maintains records for work completed in a neat and organized manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. and use ladders up to 26' and be able to walk at least 4 miles a day.
* Knowledge of office furniture systems.
* Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
* Be fluent in English, both written and oral.
* Computer literate, ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) is a MUST.
* Able to work in a customer service environment interacting with the client. Able to stay on task and work independently.
* High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our website. Please reference Job 42944BR.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years.
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine.
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years.
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.jll.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.