A skilled laborer / carpenter who performs specific trade tasks in the construction process at a building site. Assists the Superintendent and/or the Carpenter Foreman with various construction duties at the site. Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter s hand tools and power tools, and conforming to local building codes. General cleanup of jobsite and general construction knowledge.
* General Cleanup and basic construction skills
* Drywall patching
* Caulks, patches, and bondo s hollow metal doors and frames.
* Installs millwork, hang doors and hardware.
* Installs toilet partitions and accessories.
* Installs windows, doors, ceilings, and base trim work.
* Understands safety rules and tool / equipment instructions
* Work is performed both indoors and outdoors and may be done on a surface environment, at extreme heights, underground or above or under water. Work requires sustained physical effort, frequently under adverse weather conditions and/or disagreeable working conditions. Due to varied conditions, workers must know the hazards and safety requirements of each job and must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company s safety policies for every situation. Physical Requirements
* Must be able to see well, naturally or with correction; coordinate the movements of eyes, hands and fingers; fully use arms, hands and fingers; climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolding; standing or walking for long periods; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or work at heights as required; lift and carry objects weighing 50 pounds or more; pulling or pushing objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
Must have General Education Development (GED) score of at least Reasoning Development level of R4, Math Development level of M4 and Language Development of L3. This position requires a minimum of 5 years experience to do the essential functions and demonstrate proficiency.
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law. #LI-DNP Apply Now